DREAMS

Started by Rain Man, June 22, 2007, 09:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

So after 35 years of riding ,racing and destroying dirtbikes,and as many years trying to master rebuilding them, I have a vision. [:I]Tell me my imaginations not going bizurk... I know there's a lot of racing talent and experience on this website. And I'm calling out this talent and experience.
 I've started racing on the dirt track circut again and the 1 early 400 KTM motor I have just seems to have all the guts and stamina it takes to get out front and win !!
  Would a modified CMF frame with that motor stuffed in there be competitive??  
 I cant help but notice there are no kx 500, cr 500 yz 480 in the Vintage classes ??  All these motors seem to make enough power.Theres got to be a reason ??
 Just looking for any info before spending the many thousands of $$$ and hours of fabricating it takes to get these bikes to go fast and take a left, sideways of course [8D]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tacrac

Hey Rainman,

Not sure I can help with tech questions. Just wanted to know if you caught the sliding bug from watching the boys from Ohio in Rochester N.H. last Friday night

tacrac

Rain Man

I caught the bug quite awhile ago. The boys from Ohio did well, and put on 1 heck of a show. New Englands best and possibly the best in the Country, our own Kenny Coolbeth from Conn. whooped them all in the end !!
 My buddy radared him coming into the first turn on a 1/2 mile cushioned track on his XR 750 @ 92 mph !! Impressive

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

paul

Hey, you will be at a great disadvantage spotting someone 100 cc. I have raced flat track and ice racing for years and most of the time had a stroker (cheater) engine and the difference is obvious. There used to be a lot of Cr 500 's on the half mile. I'd find something that has a wide tractable powerband. Thats why the 4 strokes dominate flat tracking. Anyone else remember Kenny Roberts riding a 2 stroke 3 cylinder 750 yamaha at Indy in 75??? It was outlawed shortly after Kenny winning the race due to him saying it was way to dangerous. Google 1975 Indy mile for some pics. Good luck, Have fun, Pablo