Penton 125 Six Day Center Stand??

Started by Chakka, October 25, 2001, 01:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

Hi Group,
I have a copy of the book put out by the AMA on the 1973 Six Day in the Berkshires. There are many pics in the book of Pentons/KTM's with center stands. Have any members built these for thier bikes? I am interested in putting one on my 73 six day and was curious about attachment. Thanks in advance

Chris

skipperclyde

Chris,  My understanding is the center stand was original equipment on steel tankers.  Most were cut off or removed for competition riding.  I'm sure there are others that can provide more info on this.

john durrill

Chris ,
So am I. center stands are great for maintance. I have only seen the stands on CMF bikes that were use buy the team in the Six-Days. Anyone out their with a pattern ?
John D.

metalkfab

I too like the center stand . Maybe we can convince Doug Wilford to give his up so we can mfg. reproductions . Someone hit him up at the ISDT Reunion .

Kip Kern

They are being reproduced in Italy, the kit comes with the stand, spring and mounting bracket.  Contact //www.ilkdepoca.com.  You will like this site, the owner is Italian so be patient, he has a lot of neat stuff!

Chakka

Kip,
What a great site!! Have you ordered from this fellow before? I am leary of doing business in Italy, I got stiffed on some e-bay stuff a while ago. Apparently the Italian Postal service is not reliable like ours and my money ended up "lost" That looks like the exact centerstand I need. Thanks for the great link

Chris

john durrill

chakka,
all i got was a page asking for a name and password.
How did you get buy that?
John D.

Big Bob

It worked for me.When you ger to the site click on Ricambi, it must mean parts.

john durrill

Bob all i get is a page asking for a password. cant get past that. what browser are you useing? IE5? or netscape
John

john durrill

Bob all i get is a page asking for a password. cant get past that. what browser are you useing? IE5? or netscape
John

Big Bob

John, all I'm doing is going to Kip Kern's posting and clicking on //www.ilkdepoca.com I'm not sure on my browser.

john durrill

Bob ,
It worked off the short cut you sent in your reply. Guess its a windows thing. THe stuff left for you in the mail tonight.
Thanks,
John D.

Kip Kern

I have bought quite a few items from Piero.  Prices aren't bad and shipping isn't either.  Not sure how the mail is going during this "Evil" thing!  Good Luck

Harris

Try this web address'
http://www.infoservice-net.it/ilkdepoca/vetrina.html
I have been trying to get some parts from this company. He is very slow in his reply, I have also had the benefit of an Italian friend. I plan to make an order if we ever get all the details straight. Harris