Finally Done

Started by Ron, August 28, 2007, 10:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

Hi Guy's,
I had my daughter come over and show me how to add pictures of my bike. Its finally done!!
RonW

Ernie Phillips

Beautiful!  But ... it looks to have serious race components all about - Works shocks, 35mm forks, alloy wheels, Circle-F pipe, Mikuni (nice install).  Are you planning to race that doll?  Congradulations on such a fine build!

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

TGTech

Ron,
That bike looks beautiful. Very nice job. There are a couple of things that I would like to comment on though. The bike looks like it's going to be a racer, and if it were mine, I'd use a folding shift lever, given the potential problems with the transmission.

The second thing that caught my attention, is the pipe. It doesn't look like it has as much "bulk" as the original pipe. The experience that I've have with pipes, taught me that the larger the center section diameter you have, the better the bottom end power is. I'm not an expert on the subject, but that is my experience. When Carl Cranke built the pipe for my '76 175 ISDT machine, the center section was huge compared to the stock pipe, and that machine had an absolutely wonderful power band.

Best of luck with the machine.

Dane

Mick Milakovic

Mick

wade195

Great job Ron. Thank you for sharing it. That is something to be very proud of. Good luck with it.

Doug Wade
Lavergne Tn

pketchum

Ron,

That is truly stunning!  I sure appreciate those who post their pictures, or links to their pictures, so we can all enjoy them.

I have a simple question though.  I've recently begun to notice the extra hole in the left hand side cover and have begun to wonder what its purpose is.  Do you know?

Thanks,

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

Ron

Thanks Guy's,
I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement.
Dane, it does have a folding shifter. I found a shift rubber that has a KTM logo on it and wired it on. I guess hides the pivot.
Phil, I was going to post these in my Pic's on your site, because I'm ready to start my 94/bat project.
The black hole on the side cover is a factory clutch upgrade. The actuator rides on balls instead of the ramps cast in the older covers. Light clucth pull and super smooth action.

Quick bio:

6B Motor, ported with 30mm Mikuni
New bearings and seals
Piston and rings
New rod kit
PVL Ignition
New seat base, foam and cover
Royal Enfield fenders
New chain and sprockets
Akront rims with Buchannan SS spokes and nipples
Works Performance shocks
35mm forks
New levers, throttle and cables
Metzler tires

Basically a new motorcycle. I did all the work myself except the crank and wheels. I got the green formula from the archives and sprayed it myself. (it looks best from 5 ft, first try, LOL).

I wanted to build a racer and plan to ride Vintage Classic 125. I don't think there's much else I can ddo to it ansd be legal.

paul

Ron, Bad to the Bone. Very, Very nice and I see nothing wrong. How could there be? Its yours, she runs, Its done and its perfect. Hope to see it in person and hear it run. Take care, Pablo

Lew Mayer

Dane, if you ever find that pipe, gimme a holler.:D
Ron,"ride it like ya stole it". Looks great.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

OhioTed

Absolutely gorgeous, Ron.  Congrats on turning out a really beautiful resto.  Hey, not to take anything away from the bike, but do you have a vintage Firebird & an El Camino out back?

checkcrew

Ron, hi, she is a sweetie, good luck !!!  PS: you have mail, thanks, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

chuck

Dane,

Your point on the exhaust pipe hits home with me. I recently put a similar pipe on my six day. Beautiful looking pipe, well constructed, but engine did not run crisp at lower end. I put the stock pipe back on to see if it was the pipe or possibly something else. I don't know if I need to do anything with the timing or jetting to accomodate the new pipe. Any suggestions would be helpful. Could this be due to the size of the middle cone as you suggest?

Chuck

Chuck,

72 125 Six Days
74 250 Hare Scrambles
74 250 Maico
73 250 Honda Elsinore
72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

chuck

Ron,

Great looking bike. I see you put on a Mikuni. What did you use in place of the stock mounting flange on the cylinder?

chuck

Chuck,

72 125 Six Days
74 250 Hare Scrambles
74 250 Maico
73 250 Honda Elsinore
72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

backkraker

Ron, your bike is beautiful I wonder if you would comment on the transmission statement. Do these bike have weak transmission???? The reason I'm concerned be cause my bike will miss shifts frequently.

Thanks Joe