Skip Miller's 1974 250 Hare Scrambler

Started by James, October 03, 2007, 09:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Hello all. Skip Miller is selling his 1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler.
This is an orignal late 74 bike with the reinforces steering head.

Also ,he has the original MSO and documentation showing it has been in Texas all its life. This is not a bike slapped together from parts or the junk bin.Skip has owned this bike for about 15 + years, buying it from Bobby Lucas-and it was Bobby's first old bike purchased in the early days of the TVRC. I have known this bike since about 92, and it has always run perfectly. Many here know Skip and I will attest he takes maintenence seriously. Also,I raced against this bike a few times from 92-95. While I was faster than Skip, I always had to get around him. This bike has the 210 mm long 35mm Ceriani forks and very nice Zoke shocks.

Skip has about 8 races on the engine since bottom and top end rebuild. He has fresh Pirelli tires front and rear, as well.
Currently, he has a aluminum tank and sidepanels on the bike, but also has all the orignal parts including red tank and sidepanels.
I know most here look priamrliy for bargains, but here is a chance to get one of the most solid 250s around-anywhere. It is not cheap, but it is not a cheap piece of crap either. Tis bike is race ready and can be display ready with minimal work. We know it typically takes about 6k on top of the core bike to do this. He is asking $4000 with the extras.
  For details on them, contact Skip at [email protected]. I have several photos(though I can not figure how to upload them)-I can e-mail to you. Contact me at  [email protected], I will send you pics.
Skip has a larger workload than I, as well as TVRC duties etc. That is why I am posting.  
 Thank you,  James Sharp # 13L

7" and 4" travel? Hmm-that makes 11" Hey! I can live with that.
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.