Sachs Selector Gears question?

Started by TeamSunset, December 07, 2007, 11:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamSunset

I need some Sachs expertise... I've got some Sachs Gears (tooth counts) that don't show up in any parts books. I've got 1001/5A thru 1251/6D books. I'm missing the 80cc parts list though, but I don't think they're 80 gears. They fit the 1251/ Mainshafts, but the teeth counts are different than in any book. Tooth counts are 42/34T, 38T, and 35T. Are they close ratio gears for some kind of performance update? They were in a box of Sachs parts that don't have Sachs numbers such as crank halfs, crank ends, etc.. Come on' Sachs guru's what-the-hail do I have here?

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1306/sachsgearsupoptvc3.jpg

[/URL][/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hrbay

No ekspurt here but I got a bunch of gears just like what you have in a Puch inventory I picked up... thought it was early 125/175 6 speed stuff.

GC
GC

TeamSunset

I really really don't think they're Puch, but you never know... and definitely not 175. Anyone else?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Doug Wilford

Just some info about your gears.   Sachs did make some gear sets with different ratios.  Because they were experimental they never put them in a parts book.  Some were different in the 175 engine, if my memory serves me right.  Have Fun!

firstturn

And the close ratio 5 speed.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh