For Sale: Carl Cranke pipe

Started by Rocket, December 10, 2007, 10:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

I have a near excellent condition, believed to be a Carl Cranke pipe I have been told, that is for a 73-75 250.  I have bead blasted it and painted it.  Looks awesome.  Pipe is not cheap, asking  $375 + shipping.  If it doesn't sell here, it will go on Ebay.  I can send a picture if interested.
Rocket

Rocket

chicagojerry

as popular as carl cranke pipe specs are, i'm surprised that they are not more readily available from someone who makes pipes, like ace, circle f or jemco. i spoke to kevin at circle f yesterday and he can make cranke spec 125 pipes but does not on the 250's. anyone know of someone else that makes these pipes for the early ktm motors? or does anyone have a  design drawing to make a pipe from? thanks       chi jer

Big Mac

Ted Landers had one made up by the guys at Maico's Only in SoCal. They have the dimensions and will make one up on request, last I checked with them.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

chicagojerry

i called them about a month back and the guy i spoke with could not figure out what i was talking about. and then as they (there were two of them) started discussing it a little more, they decided that they needed a bike there to fab it to. if someone has a connection there, maybe we could get a few built. when i was researching it before i called them, it seemed that they were pretty reasonable.  
chi jer
            don't forget to vote!!! :D

Marc Biro

Ask for Eric Cook. He is the owner and can make whatever you want. If he's made the pipe before there is no need to take him your bike. If you need a pipe done to your specs, (up pipe, down pipe, fat mid section, etc) he will need your bike. They do excellent work.

Big Mac

Talk to Eric,  http://www.maicoonly.com/Opening_page.htm

Ted sent the pipe to copy. I spoke to Eric about it 18 months ago, he said he had all the dimensions and details, would build them and stock, but not enough demand. Unless he threw out the pattern (doubtful), there should be no need to send anything.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR