Wanted: 1968 Six-Day Seat

Started by sifulane, January 23, 2008, 01:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifulane

Hello,
 I am looking for either a complete seat or a seat pan for a 1968 Penton Six-Day 125.

Contact info:
Lane Cox
(336)238-4241 Day
(336)746-5381 Eve
[email protected]

Kimbal Lane Cox
CBET
Kimbal Lane Cox
CBET

firstturn

There was a new reproduction that looked good on ebay that didn't meet reserve.  You can contact the owner.  I have done business with him before with positive results.  Look it up on completed items.

ebay # 330203759302

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Kimbal,

I don't know if the seat pan that Ron mentioned is the one that you need if your bike is indeed a 1968, it is the long seat pan for a later model as stated by the seller of the seat and copied below.

Description: seat pan for 1969 to 1971 Penton "steel tank"

A lot of the 68 Pentons use a shorter seat.

If you can discribe how your seat bolts on, or provide your frame number, maybe we can help figure what seat you need.  Or take a picture of your seat area and email it to one of us.

This link should take you to a picture of a 1968 with the short seat. http://gallery.pentonusa.org/gallery/album06/DSC09438

Hope this helps.
Paul

firstturn

Paul is right.  The title said 1968 so I just thought I was helping.  I will looking into reading lessons next week as soon as I get new glasses.;)

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Several years ago, I had the 68/69 seat bases remade through RPM Racing in CA.  Roger M made them from fiberglas and did a fantastic job as they include the seat bolts molded into the base.  Drop me a email at [email protected] and I can give you a contact number from my vendor book so as you can obtain a base.  NOW, I am in need of seat foam for the 68/69 seat bases, anyone have any suggestions?  CIAO;)

rpage11

Try Jeff Martin at Sewcool

http://sewcool.net/page5.html

He's done 2 seats for me and they are perfect.  Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

sifulane

I appreciate all of the help guys.  That's one of the great things about POG; everyone is so willing to offer help and advice.  My bike is frame number V716 and had the short seat on it.  Or I should say, the remnants of what used to be a short seat.  

Thanks again!

Kimbal Lane Cox
CBET
Kimbal Lane Cox
CBET

Kip Kern

Kimbal

Contact "BRM" Roger Paul Moreau 951-654-7334 [email protected], that is where I had mine reproduced.
CIAO