Pogger Walt P. in Texas

Started by Tony Price, January 26, 2008, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Price

Hey everyone,

Many of you know long time Penton rider Walt Parks of TVRC and the Reunion Ride.  Some may have heard that he suffered a heart attack on Thursday as well.

He is doing well, got some stints (new reeds) and got out of ICU earlier today.  I just got home from visiting with him for awhile.

He is doing fine but very tired and stuck in his hospital bed.  He is at the same hospital my wife works at so she is dropping in on him from time to time and his Wife is there as well.

Any one who would like to send Walt a word can do so by e-mailing me at txvintage @ yahoo. com and I will print them off and take up to him or send them with my wife.

He should be home in 2 or 3 days with any luck.

Thanks all,

Tony
Tony

firstturn

Thank you Tony for he Heads up.  Walt is a really neat person and tell he we wish him well and will keep him in our Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Tony Price

Thanks Ron,

I'll make sure and pass it along.

Tony
Tony

OhioTed

Thank you for sharing, Tony.  I had the great pleasure of meeting Walt a few years ago while on a business trip to Texas.  What would normally have been just another boring several days of meetings was highlighted by Walt picking me up at my hotel, then taking me over to visit the rented shop space, which he shares with several other notable Texas-based POG'ers.  I don't have access to my notes right now on the names of the fellows who were there, but everyone was super nice to me, and really made me feel welcome.  Walt is a great guy, and a real gentleman.  Thanks again for that wonderful experience, Walt.

Tony Price

Ted,

You have summed up Walt to a T.  

In addition to being a longstnading POG memeber, he is also the Texas Vintage Racing Club Webmaster and carries forth the Penton Marque in several classes on a regular basis, often racing several classes a weekend.  Heck, I can't keep up with him, and he has 20 years on me, and I'm only 44, lol.

My guess is at least two of the POGger's you met at the shop were Bobby Lucas and Skip Miller.  Walt has since relocated over to my part of teh metroplex and lives about mile from me.  Their loss has definetly been my gain!

Walt is improving daily, he's getting deeper into the day before getting tired and getting his color back.  He is fighting off some fluid build up in his lungs from being in bed so much, don't think he's been this inactive for this many days since he was in a crib, but making progress.

I think a good recovery project once he's back up and around is the Berkshire hanging out in my garage.  After all, we need to get him ready for the new "Hunerd" class!

Tony
Tony

firstturn

Tony,
  Thanks for the update.  Tell Walt we are pulling for him.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Tony Price

Ted,

You have summed up Walt to a T.  

In addition to being a longstnading POG memeber, he is also the Texas Vintage Racing Club Webmaster and carries forth the Penton Marque in several classes on a regular basis, often racing several classes a weekend.  Heck, I can't keep up with him, and he has 20 years on me, and I'm only 44, lol.

My guess is at least two of the POGger's you met at the shop were Bobby Lucas and Skip Miller.  Walt has since relocated over to my part of teh metroplex and lives about mile from me.  Their loss has definetly been my gain!

Walt is improving daily, he's getting deeper into the day before getting tired and getting his color back.  He is fighting off some fluid build up in his lungs from being in bed so much, don't think he's been this inactive for this many days since he was in a crib, but making progress.

I think a good recovery project once he's back up and around is the Berkshire hanging out in my garage.  After all, we need to get him ready for the new "Hunerd" class!

Tony
Tony

firstturn

Tony,
  Thanks for the update.  Tell Walt we are pulling for him.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

VICTOR MONZ

Walter, I wish you well and am praying for you.

I have had a similar "spiritual experience" and thank I God for the Medical advancements of today.

My stents are doing fine and feel better than I did prior to the heart attack.  I followed through on cardiac rehab and it was a very good experience, diet, exercise, nutrition lessons helped me quite a bit.  Pluse, being single, I met a single nurse and began a really neat friendship !

Good Luck and Keep the Faith!

Victor Monz[:o)]