The "Picture Man" Photo Collection

Started by Admin, January 27, 2008, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polecathill

Thanks for posting these pictures.Great stuff! I remember seeing some of them in Dirt Bike Magazine's Crash and Burn Specials.In picture 135 the checker is Mr. Al Eames.How about Larry Maiers at the check with Jack Penton?The bike Rod Bush is riding is the same one he rode in the 1975 ISDT.

t20sl

Great photos.  In picture #25 in the non-Penton album the guy driving the sidehack is the 1961 Jack Pine winner, Lew Atkinson, my dad.  The monkey is Lincoln Baird, my father in law.  Dad was about 60 when that photo was taken near Laurelville, OH.  The first photo of the guys under a bridge is I believe at Greenville, OH Peace Pipe Enduro just north east of club grounds. Ted

rob w

Gary, Kent, Bill & Karen,

Those are absolutely a treasure.

Thank you all so much !

Bob

Gary Roach

My husband is being very modest. A lot of work and many, many hours were spent on this project. After his sister scanned all the proofs onto discs-he literally went through the thousands of pictures one at a time in order to put together all of these awesome Penton pics. He was so happy to find the photo of his dad on the steel tanker. We actually put it on Christmas tree ornaments and gave them to his family for gifts this year. It brought both smiles and tears to the rest of his family. It was truly a labor of love for Gary-and it has paid off now that he is able to share them here for everyone to enjoy. Thanks to Bill & Karen for putting them on the site and making this possible. We are so glad that Mrs. Christensen agreed to sell the photos, her husband's work will now be preserved forever. We love seeing the responses of someone reconizing a rider they know in a picture. Keep them coming.
Enjoy-Enjoy!!
Toni [:X](Mrs. Gary Roach)

VICTOR MONZ

Great Penton Photos....brings backs memories of the "Northern Ohio" muddy, snowey, ice cold Harescramles at Meadowlarks, George Singlars Smith Road Raceway and other...really liked a few (2) man team (1) bike (3) hours races Singlar's put on...I canfee my hands forzen to the bars still !

Great Job !

Victor Monz

Rain Man

Last man standing 2007 film footage "looked cute" compared to some of these photos,  except for the Joshua tree, the 6 ft vertical challenge, and that rock section  yeeeow [xx(]
 Spectacular cannot begin to describe this photo collection ,  and I only glanced through 1/2 of them...
 Thanks for posting this  Bill and Karen. These pics make all of us Penton Owners proud ;)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons