Another 35mm fork question - wave springs?

Started by tooclose racing, February 24, 2008, 02:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Has anybody seen this item # 110227390248 on eBay?  Here's the description:

"This auction is for another set of Genuine NOS Penton Ceriani (performance update) Wave Springs #1.209.0612 fit 35mm Ceriani forks. These Wave Springs are performance update parts from back in 1974, to solve a dampening problem on the 35mm forks (see photo- bulletin). Sold 2 per set. "

The seller actually has a service bulletin of some type attached/photo'd from November of 1974.  I am the recent, new owner of a set of 35's for my Six Day from an early 1974 SD, and I'm just curious if the subject matter experts on this website remember this "upgrade".  I've never seen these discussed in any of the 35mm fork threads that I've read.

Thanks for a reply. [8)]

Lew Mayer

Back in the day, there was a wave spring in some 35 mm Cerianis. The early ones had some failures of the wave spring ,according to an early edition of "Keeping Track". There was a later replacement spring with better heat treating,I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Gavin Housh

I saw these springs too and I believe that they are for the pre 72 35mm forks that came on the steel tankers. I don't know this for cetain but I've never heard of the problem of locking up because of the spring on the later 74 and later 35mm forks. Gavin