Date change for Penton / POG celebration

Started by Paul Danik, February 26, 2008, 03:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the dates of the Penton 40th anniversary, POG 10th anniversary celebration have been changed.

The new dates are September 20 and 21, 2008. We apologize if this change presents any problems for anyone.

Further information pertaining to this exciting event will be posted here and in the POG newsletter as soon as possible.

Thanks
Paul

thrownchain

Could any one put up some info on lodging and such in close proximity to KTM???

Paul Danik

Dan,

Amherst is a nice, smaller sized town.  KTM is located about a mile or so west of Amherst. I am posting a link that has some hotels listed and it gives their distance from Amherst, which can be read basically as to how far they are from KTM, in general terms. I live about 2 1/2 hours east of Amherst so I am not an authority on the town or its best places to stay, possibly some of the guys who live in the area can chime in.

http://www.hotellocators.com/cities/us/oh/amherst/index.htm?ref=ovbc126757&&OVRAW=Amherst%2C%20Ohio&OVKEY=amherst%20ohio&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=1663249012&OVKWID=13177684012

This link is for the Amherst website
 http://www.amherstohio.org/

I might add that if you have never visited Amherst, KTMUSA, or any of the locations of historical importance to the Penton motorcycle, this event is one not to be missed.  Jack Penton mentioned today that he is very excited about the tour portion of the event as he enjoys explaining the historical significance of the locations, and it lets him enjoy a lot of those memories once again.

On a personal note. When I was a teenager my art teacher in high school rode a CZ in MX, we became friends and often would go racing together on the weekend.  One weekend I talked him into driving us  to Amherst for a MX at the Meadowlarks track, we made a stop in the morning at the Penton Farm Market so I could show him where I had helped put some Pentons into the loft above the market on an earlier visit. While at the market I asked if John Pentons home was any where nearby, the girl looked up and pointed across the street and said he lives right there in that brick home.

I still remember the feeling that I had when I looked at Johns home, I truely hope all of you who attend this event will also get that "feeling" when the Penton Family gives you a guided tour of Pentonville.

Paul

Paul, Any chance theres any bikes still in that old loft??? Just checking, L8er, Dave

TGTech

Aside from the two motels in Amherst, there are other facilities within short distances. To the west, just south of Vermilion, there is a Holiday Inn Express. To the east and south, is Elyria, and there are a number of motels in Elyria, right around I-90/Rte.2 that takes you right to Amherst. There are other facilities to the east in Sheffield Village and Avon. To the south, in Oberlin, there is a higher class facility called the Oberlin Inn.

So there are plenty of places for people to stay.

Dane

Ernie Phillips

Paul,  Thanks for all the info.  Never been to Amherst ... Penton homeplace ... Penton Imports ... KTM.  40/10 = EPIC.  We plan to be there!

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

G Ellis

Hey Paul is there any Wal Mart's close by that we can pull into and camp? :D:D

Mike OReilly

That is really unfortunate because the date change now means that it conflicts with the Corduroy Enduro. Obviously the change was necessary but it will make for a very difficult decision - damn.
Mike

Paul Danik

Sorry Mike for the conflict, it is really tough anymore as there seems to be events pretty much every weekend somewhere.  

As far as camping, so far KTM has stated that we can camp on their grounds.  I wouldn't plan on any campfires, but I sure think we ought to have a great time at the Pentonville KOA...

Paul

taxman

I'll see if Meadowlarks will be available for camping.

Jim
Jim

Kip Kern

Wow, this worked out well, the Indy mile was on the first proposed date and I almost couldn't make the POG event.  Now I can make both.  The 12th-14th is a huge weekend here in central Indiana for motorcycle racing.:D