1973 Penton jackpiner 175

Started by bplante, March 02, 2008, 10:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bplante

Here is a really nice 1973 penton jackpiner 175 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280205725387&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:PIC&ih=018

what do you think about it. with shipping

about how much is this worth?

Dwight Rudder

Needs a lot of restoration work.  Wrong heat sheild.  No number plate on the air box cover.  It would need replacing. Wrong color.  There were never any green Jackpiners.  Should be sky blue.  I would say $1200, more or less as it sits. And it better not have any engine issues.
IMO,
Dwight

Chakka

The frame looks like a 250 or 400cc. That vintage 175 frame had rounded downtubes under the engine just like the Six Day.
Chris

gooddirt

Look out for the rear brake pedal.

bplante

what do you mean by look out for the rear brake pedal

Lew Mayer

I like that heat shield mounted on the rear section. Jackpiners just ain't (yeah, I said ain't) supposed to be green. That bike jus' ain't right.[8]

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Rain Man

How is the rear brake gonna stop when it hits the foot peg first [xx(]
 Hard to tell what year the frame is and what engine type.  The frame number would tell that.  It dosent have the 2  engine braces   behind the motor either...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

bplante

Serial Numbers as follows  Frame - 5430767310  Engine - 2-5202416

so whats is it

Big Mac

Sounds like a '72 175 motor in a '73 250 frame.

If you're willing to take on a mixed bike, the '73 250 motor (out of this frame) in the '72 Jackpiner frame (that used to house this motor) would be the hot ticket.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

paul

Hey, the green is not good on that bike. I know everyone has their thing but it would look a lok nicer in the original paint scheme. I bet he gets 100 people telling him its a 125. My offering,TTP

bplante

Rain Man

There all worth 2500 bucks when I get through with them, cause thats just about how much it cost to build a good, dependable Jackpiner.
  Now if you want a racer with better shocks, a good running spark maker with lights, and a carb that gives it the real power, your talking a few more bucks for sure.
 Now add on nickle plated hardware...and a and a  ;)

oh ya, a cup holder just like the Harleys too...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rain Man

Big Macs got it right, she's a mongrol too !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

pentonpal

Barry,

If all goes wrong with ebay give me shout.  Your mongrol may be incorrect but I've got a 72 rolling frame in need of an engine and some other parts.  You've got my email.

Good luck,

Scott

paul

Hey,I like my cup holder. People on the road give ya some looks but anybody down south knows ya have to keep water with ya. My 520 KTM even has a water holder off a schwinn cause I dont care for the camel backs. If its already hot that is something I would rather not wear.
 Just about any Penton that runs and looks good is worth and gonna bring $1200- $2000. I hope he gets what he needs out of her. Bplante, welcome, please dont be offended,we are "purists" here and only try to look out for each other and you also. A few things different makes a world of difference in the price. If it does not bring what you want it really would not take a whole lot to make it  right and parts are here that you need...at least most of them.  I have a set of black preston petty fenders that would look pretty good on there, or a stock white MC5 front. Little things make a big dif. My 2cent,TTP