Bruce McDougall

Started by tlanders, November 15, 2001, 11:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

I was talking to Charlie Richardson of CR High Performance Products yesterday. He said that he came in 1st last year in the Western Region on his CZ in the 125cc classic class but this year he was beaten by Bruce McDougall (sp?) riding a "mettco" Six Day Penton. Does anyone know Bruce's email address, phone, snailmail address, etc.?

Dano

Sorry,I don't Have any contact info for him,but I do know some of his history.Bruce McDougal is probably the reason I bought my first Penton,back in 1973,and I have 3 that I still ride today.He was one of the So.Cal hotshoes back then,and had some great races with his Mettco {Metco?} teamate Chuck Bower,and the other fast locals of day like Danny Laporte and Marty Smith.That was a pretty fast group, and Bruce won his share.He and Marty were the first factory 125 Honda Elsinore riders.I did read in the ahrma results from Glen Helen a couple months ago where Bruce won both the classic and sportsman overalls with 4 moto wins,all on a Penton!Would have loved to see the look on all those YZ and CR riders faces!
 It would be great to get guys like that on this forum,with photos,and to spread some of that go fast tech Penton love on us !
Cheers,
Dano

OUCWBOY

Hey guys,
Bruce McDougal was Fast and still is, but, a guy named Fred Hayes is the one that made the Mettco's go fast. By the way, Marty Smith never rode a Mettco Penton, he was in fact one of the first Monark factory riders before going to Honda. Now all Marty rides is Yamaha's. He just lives up the road from me.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tlanders

Donny,
Is Fred still around? Does he still build engines for people? Would he be willing to reveal what he does to make them so fast? I never sent you the self addressed stamped envelope for the Sachs engine book because Phil Schloss got a copy and copied it for me.

Teddy

OUCWBOY

Teddy,
No problem on the manual, but, if you ever need anything let me know. As far as Fred is concerned, I don't know that answer. I will contact Danny LaPorte and see if I can find out. Also, have been asking around on how to contact Bruce, with no luck as of yet.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tlanders