Mid Ohio Cross Country Race

Started by cubfan1968, March 09, 2008, 10:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

Anybody in the group have any information about the Cross Country Race being held at Mid Ohio this year. Mainly I'm interested in where it's going to be held so I can watch.

I haven't attended since 2005 and have really missed Dale's home cookin'.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

brian kirby

I know Chicago Jerry is doing a lot of the footwork on the ground there in Ohio, maybe he will chime in here and give us an update. It is possible that with the weather he has not been able to get the course stuff nailed down yet.

Brian
Brian

cubfan1968

You're probably right,Brian. The trouble is Skip Page had me riding in warm weather Tucson now I'm back in deep freeze Nebraska and my brain is still having warm weather thoughts.

I was just kinda' wonderin' if we would need to travel off site like the flat track races or it would be walking distance like the Trials amd MX.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Lew Mayer

It will cover some of the same ground as the trial. It'll be on-site.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

chicagojerry

i'm under two feet of snow with 4 ft drifts. my buddy kevin peltz drove down to florida with me and when we got back last week he got snowed in until later today. anyway, i was hoping to get back out to mid-ohio this week to do some more lay-out planning, but they have at least as much snow as i have. i will post updates here from time to time to let everyone know how its going. here is the status currently, with the earlier visits that i made there, i determined that i could get a minimum of two miles just from the wooded section. again,thats just a preliminary layout just to determine the minimum distance riding around the perimeter. i think that i can get even more by some brush and downed tree cutting to allow a more serpentine route. in addition, i have a commitment from mid-ohio to help me get to the mx track which should lengthen the course considerably. we will be limiting the number of riders allowed to sign-up due to not wanting to over-ride the terrain. as far as spectating goes, i will be using every inch available of the woods in the northwest corner of the property, and hopefully you will be able to see the riders on parts of the mx course and where they will enter and exit the woods to the mx track.  i'm looking forward to the weather breaking to let me back out there. stay tuned for more..
[8D]   chi jer

OhioTed

You might want to hold off on your plans to work on the course, Jerry.  Some 20" inches of snow fell in the area out Mansfield way over this last weekend.

cubfan1968

On a Mid Ohio note, I may be misunderstanding but it looks like the state of Ohio is restricting the number of available camp spaces at Mid Ohio this year. So it looks like the early bird will get the camp space this year.

If I misunderstood this please correct me. I don't want to see any Poggers shut out of a camp site.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

slvrbrdfxr

Jerry,
I'm wanting to sign up for the CC at VMD this year and heard they might limit the number of riders. How soon before there is a entry form for this event or should I just use the national entry form on the AHRMA website to make sure I don't miss out ?? Let me know. Thanks !!
Dave McCullough

chicagojerry

send your entry in using a generic CC entry form. if the weather gets a little better, i may have a better feel for the course mileage before i go to diamond don's. i'll be off a couple of days that week before i leave for tx and i intend to go to mid-ohio to do some more pre-lim work. but send your entry in early because there will almost certainly be a limit on entrants. i'm looking forward to the CC race and i'm excited to be playing a integral part in making it happen.see everyone lucky enough to be going to texas down there. listen for me, i'll be singing the nat'l anthem.
  [8D] chi jer

Gary Roach

Jerry,

Speaking of Cross Country races, did you attend the GNCC in Florida?
I found this picture on the GNCC site, and I thought it looked like it was you standing in the background.

http://www.gnccracing.com/index.cfm

TGTech

Yep, that's Chicago Jerry playing photographer.

Dane

chicagojerry

yep, thats me.. that was a good day too.   [8D]   chi jer