wanted: Six Day or Jackpiner

Started by marsattacks, March 18, 2008, 09:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks

Greetings all. I'm interested in a post-steel era Six Day or Jackpiner.  Please send me a PM if you can bear to part with one.   I'm pretty flexible on year and price.  Much prefer very nice, road registerable condition (lights) but no need to be a museum piece. I'm in SW PA. Many thanks.
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Rain Man

Whoot[:0] nobodies got a bike to sell ?? cmon you guys, you gotta  be loafing, Its spring time and nobodies got a bike to sell!!
 And he's real close to where it all began ta boot !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

cubfan1968

The buyer has a very narrow window of buying opportunity. The original post requested a titled motorcycle that was in real good shape. Maybe if the search would be widened to include a project or mx version more results would be forthcoming.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

thrownchain

I tried that, he wants something he can jump on and ride with minimal effort.[^]

marsattacks

No worries.  I posted mostly because I just missed the nice SD recently sold in Maine (I'm a backup buyer, I hope, just in case the deal collapses).  I realize my "wish list" is tricky and these bikes aren't exactly popping off assembly lines in Mattighofen or Amherst (but geez that photo of the steel tankers is amazing).  I can be patient. Many thanks for the support.  Great group. Amazing knowledge. I have a couple projects already so I'm looking for something closer to the end stage while I have my wife convinced that if I get one more bike, that's it.
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
79 space rock shox bike

454MRW

The real key here is a Title, or registerable bike. I have seen a lot of good Pentons for sale but extremely few with titles, although there is an on-line service that many on the Vinduro website swears by that can provide a title and registration for vintage bikes without one.

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Rain Man

Maine bikes don't have titles until  198?,  I got 4 old ones registered and a bill of sale and insurance papers are all you need,no title required.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

marsattacks

I didn't mean to be unclear but probably was.  The gentleman with the SD that I missed out on had a title.  I wanted to buy it.  The bike was in Maine. But since he owned it since 1976 I guess it could have been titled just about anywhere.:)  We never got that far because I delayed for a day or so and some other lucky guy bought it. That'll teach me.
Mars Attacks!
79 space rock shox bike

Rain Man

If its the bike I'm thinking of from Cape Porpise, Doug Wilford built the motor and I helped the fella finish it up.  It was a very nicely restored 6 day.  I think it started 1st kick in my garage, after a 30 year sabatical[8D].

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

marsattacks

The agony!  That's the bike. Wilford motor. Fully kitted out w lights, roll chart, etc. Oh well, I can wait.

By the way anyone who happens to read this -- I know of just a few more copies of thje '73 ISDT book avail, but only one is anywhere near a buyable price at approx 85 dollars. Two pristine copies I know of are 200+  I'm not selling these just know where they are. Pm me if you want the info. Loads of Penton stuff as you can imagine.
Mars Attacks!
79 space rock shox bike

Desertsled

Hi,

If you are still looking for a Six Days or Jackpiner, there are a coiuple of really nice ones on EBay right now. Especially the fully restored Six Day.

marsattacks

Thanks. Jackpiner looks like a prospect too. Had a buy it now of nearly 3k I think but that's gone so auction should play out.
Mars Attacks!
79 space rock shox bike

pentons4evr

Have you found a bike yet?I hav a beautiful 1973 jackpiner but it has no title.I can see if I can get a title through one of the sites.the bike is original except for new chain sprockets brakes seat cover cables aluminum fenders tires and the carb is a mikuni.The only draw back is I had the tank and sidecovers repainted and I think with the frame and the rest of the bike looking so good unrestored the bike would need a tank and covers that were original.

marsattacks

Many thanks. I sent you an email. Regards, John
Mars Attacks!
79 space rock shox bike