74 and a half

Started by SIEGE, May 12, 2008, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIEGE

http://www.hellbentracing.com/HBKTM.htm

OK it's only been two years (argh) since I plunged in- but with the help of Charlie Brown, Russ Hoehn, and Thom Green I'd like to thank them right here- it is gradually coming together...

SIEGE

Ernie Phillips

Siege, Look'in good!  Don't know if your photo scence was done on purpose, but the old brick pavers add a nice 'vintage' touch.  If you ever race east of the Missippi ... look for your Penton breathern.  -EP

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Big Mac

CJ - where's the high-zoot custom seat for that beast?

Keep this thread going with race reports, riding impressions, results and pics after you fire it up. It's chomping at the bit to out-run the 250 herd on Horsepower Hill...Washougal, 43 days 22 hours til gate drop. Get wrenching!

Jon
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Rain Man

And it has real shocks ta boot !

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tooclose racing

SIEGE..good luck on the 2-5-0.  

But I gotta ask..when do us Penton guys get a Siege-design t-shirt? Or have I missed a previous limited run?  If not...puh-lease do a Penton shirt.  Yes..let me acknowledge the Katoom on your 2008 catalogue/poster.  But for chrissakes..you designed shirts for the Hodaka fraternity..and COOL ones at that!  

BTW - your work is awesome...I was just at the site trying to make a decision on what to get.  It took me a couple of visits to figure out the inventory situation (duh...).  Just in case any other POGGERs haven't seen this guy's vintage MX work - it's #@!* brilliant, to borrow a British phrase.

http://www.wischt.com/siegeshirts.htm

SIEGE

hey Boys

whoah! I didn't realize anyone had responded! my apologies for being MIA here- I can design a Penton Shirt- no problems!  I would have come unglued to have had a Hodaka as a 12 year old - especially with the chrome tank- I don't care now. Instead as a 45 year old I lust after KTMS and Montesas, and luckily have the chance to experience them. Jon- the kickass custom seat for my KTM is coming by the way fear not!

I am designing the ISDT Reunion Shirt this year, and I'll be thre one way or another
I hope with a ride of some sort - in a perfect world it would be my own KTM.

thanks for the kind words by the way about my work: I obssess and struggle with design constantly and wonder if I am sane sometimes - at least I get to shoot the models, and between that and my racing family / community I ought to be a happy man.

I'll be in Pennsylvania racing at Allentown in a week or two, and as I said at the ISDT thing in November- I'd love to join you guys, Ernie - thanks man. The bricks were here when I found the place....

- SIEGE

SIEGE

OK Project nearing completion.
http://www.hellbentracing.com/HBKTM.htm

the shocks cleaned up nicely- (seen only in the "before" photo on bottom of this http://www.hellbentracing.com/HBKTM-2.htm page)

it turns out are NOT Konis, but .... how do you spell it?
Cortecosi ?
or are they Ceriani?

let me know // CJ

Tahitian_Red

Wow Siege,

It looks like we are travelling down the same path. :D

Hopefully I will have the my 75 Katoom running well by Washougal.  I'm really looking forward to it this year since I missed 2008.

The "Factory Novice"
Racing the \\"FaltaNator\\" in 2011?

Rain Man

they look like early WP shocks to me. [?] Maybe the colors throwing  a wrench into it.  I have 3 1/2 of these 250's. I wish I could find the time and $$ to get them running...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Tahitian_Red

Rain Man,

The shocks in the photos are WP's, but the captions say they are not the "real shocks".  I had to read it a few times to catch that.
;)

The "Factory Novice"
Racing the \\"FaltaNator\\" in 2011?

SIEGE

hey Jay

that's looking good
better than mine- my Q is what came on the bike originallY? I think it was Cerianis, but not positive - are Ceriani's made by / for Corte Cosso? Or Vice versa ?

- CJ

Larry Perkins

The first multi-position swingarm bikes had Ceriani gas shocks but they did not last well and later ones came with the Marzocchis that we see on most of them.

Larry P

SouthRider

Yeah, but they sure were great until they blew.....

I wish I had a working pair of those cherries today!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Rain Man

I have 2 of those 74 1/2 250's in the barn with the cerriani's and I can bottom them both out... with my hands unfortunately :(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Dave Mitchell

Siege, You gonna have her in Boise.I didn't make it last year sounds like I missed a good race.I'll be on my 72 125 six days hopefully hooked up and runnin.I think a 250 is definitely in my future.
best of luck,
mitch