75 KTM motor question

Started by MattyQ, May 27, 2008, 09:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattyQ

Hi ,

Just picked up a 1974.5 Jackpiner frame, probably paid too much!  Bike fund it tapped out for now , just wondering how hard is it going to be for me to find a 1974.5-75 motor for it ?  Any thoughts on the matter is appreciated. :D

thanks ,

Matt    

Matthew Quinlan

paul

Matty, Did you get anything besides the frame? I would not hold my breath waiting to find a 175 engine as they are getting few and far between. A 250 engine will fit the frame. There is a 125 engine on ebay right now but you may want to explore other avenues. There was a penton with a husky engine on this site a year or so ago and it was extra clean but you would have to be a good welder and a bit of a fabricator to take on a project like that. Let us know whatcha got. Good luck,TooTallPaul

Chakka

Matt,

If your not hung up on size, 250 engines come up all the time on Ebay. Depending on condition they are usually reasonably priced. I have a spare 250 I could sell if that's the way you decide to go. Otherwise maybe a member will come forward with a 175?

Chris

MattyQ

Thanks everyone , I have some time to search , so maybe a 175 engine will surface some day.  Good to know about the 250 engine , I may explore that route if all else fails.

thanks ,

Matt

Matthew Quinlan

Steve Minor

If you're interested, there's a 1974 125 Sach motor on eBay. It looks rough, but might have possibilities.

I'm not sure if it's a "slip in" or if it would require modfications.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=023&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=360056075367&rd=1

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Chakka

The Sachs motor won't fit in a 74/75 CMF frame. The KTM engine has different mounting points at the rear.

Chris

Dennis Jones

Matt, If you want to go the 250 route I have a fresh rebuilt GE engine that I am not going to need. Not cheap but rebuilt by the man himself and it is rady to race.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

MattyQ

Thanks Dennis ,

I will keep it in mind about the 250 engine .  I am going to wait out for hopefully a 1975 KTM 175 motor , while my bike fund replenishes.  [^]

Matthew Quinlan