Looking for fair market value

Started by PitBoss, August 01, 2008, 03:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PitBoss

I need a fair market value for the following two project bikes that i have. the first bike is titled as a 74' Penton Berkshire 100cc (but the sn number on the bike start with a 72xxxxxx) and the second bike is a 70' Sachs. both bikes have are in fairly good shape for their ages and both were stored properly.
i can e-mail pictures of both bikes if that would help in determining their value.

PitBoss

The reason I am trying to get the value for the two bikes is due to finical issues.
I will need to sell the bikes and I just wanted to know where to start on pricing them.
I will also be selling a few boxes of parts such as cables and engine cases.

checkcrew

PitBoss, you have mail, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.- 69, 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 Berkshire, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 74-6 Day, 73 Jackpiner, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

PitBoss

I want to thank all of you who responded with e-mails to my questions on the value of the two bikes that i have to sell soon.
I will probably scrap out the Penton for individual parts sales,but would consider selling both bikes together for a reasonable price.
I will also be selling some other misc parts that came with the bikes such as cables, engine cases, gas tanks and pipes. I also have some tire rims but don't know what bike they go to.
I will being placing a for sale ad on this website as soon as i take an inventory of all the parts i have. I will also try e-bay as many of you suggested. Thanks from Pitboss:)

thrownchain

What part of the country are you in??

PitBoss

i live on the west coast - Portland Or is the closes big town to me

PitBoss

Sounds good Bob!! i have a few individuals who are trying to come up with money for the whole bikes and they have asked me to hold off parting them out as of yet. If and when i do part out the bikes i will put you up front. thanks, Pitboss

t20sl

Unless I am missing something, what are the prices????

PitBoss

Quotequote:Originally posted by t20sl

Unless I am missing something, what are the prices????

i have been offered @ $2000.00 for both bikes and boxes of misc parts such as cables, engine cases, side pipes and even two old metal tool boxes to mount on older bikes. so far the inerested party hasn't come up with the cash so i would consider other options at this time. Pitboss

marsattacks

Hi PitBoss, if you end up parting the bikes and have a speedo, headlight and speedo mount please let me know.  I agree the best option is to retain bikes intact s
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike