I'm a new member!

Started by dave hussey, November 28, 2000, 08:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave hussey

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a new POG member, and I bought my first Penton brand spankin' new from Charlie Hildebrand's Penton-Maico dealership in Gloucester Massachusetts, in 1970. Three days out of the box I crashed it, bending both 35mm fork tubes into a "U". I still have the engine...it's in my one and only known to exist Penton-Fichtel-Sachs 125cc Road Racer. The rest of the original frame, steel tank, wheels, etc. suffered from hard MotoX racing, er, that is, crashing.
 I also own a "next generation" 125cc Six Day which I gave the honor of it's maiden voyage after a frame-up rebuild (sort-of-a-restoration) to my son. This was also his maiden voyage piloting a motorcycle, and he didn't fall down, or break anything...whew. I recommend to every parent...get your kids involved in dirt riding...they will love you for it!
Dave H.
dave h.

Mark Annan

Dave,  Welcome the POG.  I'm sure you will find it very helpfull, as I have.  Mark Annan

Larry Perkins

Dave,
   Welcome to POG.  You will enjoy the sharing of the Pentonian experience with others as much as you have enjoyed it yourself.  If ever I can answer any questions or help with any parts e-mail me at [email protected].  We give a 10% discount on parts to POG members.

Steve Tanzella

Dave, after Charlie moved his shop to Beverly I used to go hang around there drooling over the 125 six days, I couldnt afford one then so I had to ride my Suzuki tc-90. I got my first pair of hi-point boots there, I believe they were $60.00. Give me a shout if you want to talk Pentons. Stevequote]
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a new POG member, and I bought my first Penton brand spankin' new from Charlie Hildebrand's Penton-Maico dealership in Gloucester Massachusetts, in 1970. Three days out of the box I crashed it, bending both 35mm fork tubes into a "U". I still have the engine...it's in my one and only known to exist Penton-Fichtel-Sachs 125cc Road Racer. The rest of the original frame, steel tank, wheels, etc. suffered from hard MotoX racing, er, that is, crashing.
 I also own a "next generation" 125cc Six Day which I gave the honor of it's maiden voyage after a frame-up rebuild (sort-of-a-restoration) to my son. This was also his maiden voyage piloting a motorcycle, and he didn't fall down, or break anything...whew. I recommend to every parent...get your kids involved in dirt riding...they will love you for it!
Dave H.
[/quote]

dave hussey

Quotequote:
Dave, after Charlie moved his shop to Beverly I used to go hang around there drooling over the 125 six days, I couldnt afford one then so I had to ride my Suzuki tc-90. I got my first pair of hi-point boots there, I believe they were $60.00. Give me a shout if you want to talk Pentons. Stevequote]
Dave H.
[/quote]

dave h.
dave h.

dave hussey

Steve, hey, great to hear someone else from the Eastern Seaboard! I didn't know Hildebrand moved. I moved around a bit after I bought my Penton. I raced at Middleborough Mass., Leeds Junction,Maine, and some place in NY I can't remember the name of that had a wicked jump with a lot of whoops after it...,
I worked at Boston Cycles for a while. One of my brothers, who also raced Penton's, worked at King's Rook Cycles...geez, I'm gettin' nostalgic.
Thank you for the reply to my 'self intro'...
 Let's talk Pentons!
Dave Hussey, Seattle Wa.

dave h.
dave h.

ddracing