Bike Hauling needed

Started by Rocket, December 07, 2008, 01:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

Just wondering if there is anyone in the Atlanta, GA. area that is going to the POG meeting in February that would like to pick up a dirt bike there and bring to Ohio for me?  The deal is not 100% sure yet, but I am checking my options for trying to get the bike to me.
thanks
Rocket

3putt

Rocket,
If you can locate a party passing across I-70 or I-79 in W PA thru the holidays I can meet it and bring to the Feb POG meeting.  You know how to contact me if I can help.   Regards,  Nelson McCullough

Paul Danik

Rocket,

Judy and I just returned home from Atlanta during the night with the newest member of the stable, I wish I had known about your needs.  We headed to Atlanta from Amherst on Thursday night right after the POG Family Night meeting.  

We headed north from Atlanta after picking up the Penton and stayed on the grounds of the Biltmore estate, near Ashville, NC, they have a really beautiful nightime candlelight Christmas tour of the mansion this time of year.  If you have never visited Biltmore it is well worth the trip.  http://www.biltmore.com/  

We then drove part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and visited the Maggie Valley area.  Why do I mention the side trip with the wife, she told me that she enjoyed the trip so much that she thinks I need to now buy a Penton in Hawaii.  I wonder if any Pentons ever made it to Hawaii?

Good luck with your chase.
Paul

olgoose

Hi Paul......Penton West sold quite a few Pentons in Hawaii. I believe the dealers name was "Domenico's"

David Duarte loomis, Ca.
David Duarte loomis, Ca.

firstturn

Domenico's I believe is still in business.  They are/were(?) the Harley Dealer on several islands I believe.  I used to visit the Honda Dealers on the Islands.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Dave,

Thanks for the information, I wonder just how long I will have to tell Judy that we will be gone?  Lots of islands to search.....

Paul

Gary Roach

Hi Rocket,

I might be able to arrange it for you.

Next weekend, my friend and protege', Cory Buttrick, is going down to Washington, GA for a photo shoot for the Red Bull KTM Team. One of the other riders' mechanic is meeting them there, and he lives just outside of Atlanta.

If that doesn't work out, Cory goes riding down South several times during the winter (he's there right now), so maybe we could arrange something at a later date if we need to.

Gary

Rocket

Gary
Send you a PM.

Paul,
You must have forgot to check in with me on your ventures around the country to see if I needed anything, your forgiven this time.  Biltmor mansion is really something, wife and I were there a few years ago.

Nelson,
Thanks for the response, looks like Gary might have the solution for me.

CU all in February,
Rod

tmc3c

Jeez Prez you mean to tell me you were right in mine and two other POG members backyard and you didn't stop and have a "mini POG meeting " with us!!! OOOH that hurts!! I bet you went right through Greenville S.C.!![:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler