1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

thrownchain

Quite possible. I bought a copy of the Marty Smith video and in one race start clip, he looks to be riding a Penton Six Day.

Larry Perkins

That's not Marty for sure.  He may have ridden a Mettco 6 Day Penton but not later.  It is not him in the pic and when that bike came out he was contracted with Honda.  Wish I could see the pic better as it could be Mark Wheeless from Texas.  I don't think so but possible.

Larry P

Big Mac

Rider is an unknown but that tank sure looks familiar?

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

bentrims

Bares a resemblance to Texan Steve Stackable. One big MotoDude !

firstturn

Guy with the hat is Steve Stackable.  Great rider and nice guy.  He did more with less than any other Great Rider that hit the national circuit.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

gooddirt

I had bought most of this penton 6 years ago in SoCal . And the guy I got if from had traded his 1974 125 honda cr for it in 1976. I saw him for some bike parts this last week and he gave me these photos he got with the bike . He thinks this guy raced the bike as a expert but does not  remember his name . The motor and pipe was done by  Chuck Daly according to him; with that I would say not Marty myself. ---  The husky was picked up for $600.00[:0] by another buddy of mine. LG