shock mounting

Started by Greg Settles, December 28, 2008, 09:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Settles

Can someone tell me the best position to mount the rear shocks on a 75 mint 400. I just received my shocks from works performance.

Greg Settles

Larry Perkins

Greg,

Depends on several factors.  Did Works Performance ask what position you were going to run them in as each major position on the multi-position swingarm requires a different spring rate?  They should have.  It also depends on length of shock you got and whether you are going to race.  If you race are you going to run Vintage or Post Vintage?  If you could answer these it will be easier to advise you.

Larry P

Greg Settles

Larry:
  You are right I forgot about them asking me all those question. They built the shocks for the mounting to be by the seat bracket. The shocks are 15 inches center to center on the mounting holes. I may run some vintage races if time permits and I get the bike in good order. Thanks for your help.

Greg S

Larry Perkins

Greg,

With that mounting and link they are intended to go to the very back swingarm mount which was originally used in the laydown position.  Back close to the axle.  Best of luck.

Larry P