New Vintage National Series

Started by gooddirt, January 29, 2009, 12:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Larry, I would agree with you if it were not for some behind the scenes stuff not being accurately represented here in public, read $$$$. As stated before, they tried to hijack the USVMXGP event and failed, why do we need another "national" series?? For Siege and company , if you  doubt my position I am prepared to prove my point with the emails leading up to you launching this "series", do you want them out here in the open??????

Seige, you wouldn't be trying to "put the final nail in AHRMA" would you? Remember that comment???

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

Dave Mitchell

Merlin
Four out of Five nationals In the AHRMA NW. series are in CA.You being from CA. most likely find this acceptible I can't see it.Kinda gets back to $$$ doesn't it.I imagine you can enlighten me to why this is. I am curious being new to AHRMA.Seems to be a little advantageous to live in s. Oregon or N.Cal.
Dave

Merlin

Dave, I'm in Florida.

Quote:Peter Villacaro, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

Dave Mitchell

Merlin,
Sorry for my geographical blunder.I really am looking for some input on this.anyone?
Dave

Merlin

Dave, I hate to keep repeating this but from a practical standpoint the Loretta Lynn format is the way for many reasons, the simple answer why it is not being done (YET) is good old fashioned greed. The USVMX deal has a hidden agenda, originally presented to the locals as "oh this is not going to cost you anything, just have them fill out a piece of paper" to now they (Siege and Co.) are looking for money (for one shot races regardless of how many if any sign up) from the already  cash strapped independents for the USVMX website as well as year end awards, hardly the panecea it was portayed as. The FACT is these locals were already doing fine without the interlopers, in the long run as the season unfolds this will be exposed for what it is, outsiders pinning their name on someone elses success.
 If this were being done for the right reasons they would be putting together one big event for the riders that participate in the local points series to crown true national champions.

Merlin

Quotequote:Originally posted by SIEGE

hello Peter.

my name is Siege.

Here's the actual deal; in Florida there is one goal; make Woody and FLVMX look good.

In fact that's the idea. All the independent organizations can agree to share a National Series amongst themselves. Even cooler, and kind of funny; it doesn't actually add any races to the schedule. These races are already happening.

We have no leader.  
There is no "they".

Each one of us is all involved in our local series.

WE ARE ALL BROTHERS.

If you want to help Woody, and the Florida Racers, maybe you can try to get riders to support ALL of Woody's Races, FLVMX and the USVMXGP.

feel free to call me 206-526-0549
SIEGE

Perhaps you forgot about this guy??????? Posted below is straight off the USVMX discussion board, I think it was message #7, still want to stick with what you posted before, Siege???

Read it here for yourself, http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/USVMX/message/7

Siege and I have been working on this project, collectively with the other
independent vintage
racing organizations for less than a month and in that time we have come along
way. That
momentum is indicative of the desire out there for something more simple when it
comes to
racing old bikes.
We are not an anti-AHRMA organization as some will no doubt claim. We are about
putting
the fun back into the sport of racing old bikes on really good tracks with like
minded people.
Siege and I, like many of the other independent club organizers have made
valiant efforts to
improve the AHRMA programs but realized that by design or by stubbornness they
are not
going to make the quantum changes that we think are necessary to improve the
sport for the
years to come. So we have decided to offer a national alternative that links
together most of
the independent vintage groups in the country toward a common cause.
The sport of vintage racing started out very simple twenty plus years ago and I
was there to
see it born. It was a heck of a lot more fun back then and we intend to restore
the "fun
factor" with this series.
We have just clicked off the choke, so to speak and are getting warmed up for
the first moto.
We hope you will join us for the ride.
Rick Doughty
VINTAGE IRON

gooddirt

Drop IT already;) , I do not think everyone wants to hear about their contracts , thats between the parties involved. Was a gun used to get them to sign I on ?[:0]  don't think so . If the independent clubs get a Bigger rider Turn Out  this year because of the series  will they stay involved ? I sure would ?[^]   AND  I appoint you the  CEO and Director of the  L. Lynn formated vintage race series :):D.   LG

Merlin

Interesting, they get caught in a lie or two and that's it, just drop it? Not a chance.

gooddirt

Have a beer ......[:p] Relax......[8D] Let them sort it out ......[B)] I'am worried about a ride share to the next race more than this...... to me its ALL hear say anyway.....  so maybe they make a few bucks everyone has mouths to feed.... I would worry more about the new folks in Wash. DC :(..... LG