Swingarm bolt

Started by Bill Campbell, February 10, 2009, 04:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Campbell

I know they are very hard to find but does anybody have a spare for a '77 GS6 frame. Can pay by paypal or send a moneyorder. Are then any alternatives i.e. can they be easily manufactured?

Kip Kern

Bill, Let me check, I may have one.  Send mailing address to [email protected]  CIAO

Big Mac

If no luck and still have a need, let me know. Have a spare. [email protected]
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Dave Mitchell

Gents, An item like that can easily be made by a competent machinist.I've a friend who lives for making one offs out in his machine shop,He's spent thirty years machining parts for GM,and loves the challenge of jobs such as these.I'm sure if you ask around there's someone near you. My guys in southern Michigan.I'm in Idaho.I send him a sample he sends me back a part.Another bonus being the mechanic that he is he understands some things need to be hardened ect.
Dave

Kip Kern

Bill,  Bolt is on the way!  CIAO  Kip

Bill Campbell

Kip,
    Just got our computer back from being upgraded. Wow thanks for the quick response. This will be part of my 2010 project that will be a loose 76 125. Thanks again for your help and to the other posters
Bill

Bill Campbell

Bolt arrived on Friday. Thanks for your help Kip
Cheers Bill

clayman

Would anyone have a spare swingarm bolt for a 1973 125? I bought a disassembled 125 from our POG friend Thom Green and it is missing nearly all of the fasteners for the engine, swingarm, airbox, pipe, etc....I am very happy with what is there, just meed the hardware.

Maybe LG can hook me up with a big bucket of nuts and bolts @ .05 per pound!:)

Clay