CALLING CONRAD!!

Started by vmxracer, February 19, 2009, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmxracer

Conrad-
I did my research on the OSSA. i definately learned A LOT about the bikes in order to find what that tiny little simbol means. And from what i learned OSSA stands for Orpheo Sincronic Sociedad Anonima. And the little simbol in the 'o' is a film reel. because the OSSA company made movies as well as dirt bikes. Oh, and the word OSSA means bear in spanish.

Now, Do you know what the husqvarna symbol stands for[?][?]

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

brian kirby

Actually, I think Ossa means "rope" because thats what you get towed back in with if you ride one. :D

The Husqvarna symbol is a gun sight since the company started out as a gun manufacturer.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

pakala

Baby Brian,
So then in Japanese "rope" must be pronounced Hodaka?;->
             Pablo

brian kirby

I believe so.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

dennis brown

husqvarna was started back in 1600s the original logo was the royal crown as was on huskys back in 60-70s they were the royal armorers of sweden the rifle sight came in the 80s

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

brian kirby

Ah, I knew it was something like that.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

Mick Milakovic

I knew that Husky made sewing machines and rifles before motorcycles, so what was their first product back in the 1600's?

Mick

Mick

wildman

I used to tell a bad joke: OSSA spelled backwards is ----. ;) Wildman.

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

marsattacks

I would say in the 1600s Husky's first products were gorgets, broadswords, mail (chain), mantles and doublets. There used to be a Bultaco ad that said something like "Would you really want to buy your next motorcycle from a sewing machine company?". I guess Husky had the laat laugh.

Click here to see Mars attack:
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0208/images/marsattacks.jpg
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Gary Roach

OK Ambr, here's another one for you. Tell us what you can find out about the BMW symbol.

Gary

brian kirby

I know this one but I'll let her do some research.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

vmxracer

hey Gary give me a tough one! Bavarian Motor Works!

Ok, i've been thinking about this...
the berkshire, the 6 day, the jackpiner, and the mint, are all bikes named after a specific race. so how did the harescrambler get it's name?

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

brian kirby

It is BMW but the symbol (the blue and white part in the center) is a stylized airplane propeller since that is where they started.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

Gary Roach

Ambr,
It was the blue and white symbol that I wanted you find out about. I guess I should have explained it better. Brian was right about the airplane propeller. Actually, BMW stands for "Bayerische Motoren Werke", but the English translation is "Bavarian Motor Works".:)

Here's a link to a video on YouTube of Doug Wilford explaining all of the Penton motorcycle names:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uozvvUveCGk

So, you want a tough one, eh? How about this symbol? Toni knows this one, so you're not allowed to cheat by contacting her.

Gary

thrownchain

Hey that looks like a stylized "Pacman"........[8D]