CALLING CONRAD!!

Started by vmxracer, February 19, 2009, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Hey, Gary - I was wondering if you still had those Rockfords. . .

It's been a while since I've seen them.  Last time was a few years ago, at Vintage Days.

OhioTed

Taking advantage of this line of posts, can anyone ID this one?

I won't give it away here, but rather will run a photo of an fine example of the bike in the next post.  I am hoping someone out there may know of these bikes, as I am working on one and need parts.

Unfortunately, mine is in nowhere near as nice a condition as the one shown in the next post, owned by a fellow POG member.  And, his RUNS, too!

OhioTed

So, here it is:

A Moto Beta 125 Premier Enduro, imported by the Moto Guzzi people, back in the early to mid-1970's.

The good news is that Domi Racer has in stock many nos parts.  Not so good news is that they don't have everything that I need.  Notably, a headlight assy and taillight assy.  

If anyone has any insight whatsoever regarding these bikes, I would very much appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks.

Ted

checkcrew

Ted, hi, email me at: [email protected], i can help you with the Premier, regards, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

vmxracer

ok, i watched doug's interview, and found out that the harescrambler was named simply because of local muddy, nasty, scramble events.

now as for the other "hard" logo, i haven't been able to figure that one out yet. i am not giving up either, so... COME ON GARY HOW ABOUT A CLUE??? :D

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Kevin Grimes

I thought I would shed a little light on the history of Husqvarna. The original arms factory was setup on the river in Jonkoping to manufacture musket barrels for the Swedish Army utilizing the hydraulic power of the waterfalls to turn the lathes. The factory was later moved to the river that flows thru the city of Huskvarna because of a greater water flow adding more power for the mills. The word Husqvarna is loosely translated to mean "House of Milling." The factory was later privatized and begin manufacturing different industrial and household items. The motorbike business was never meant to be more than a promotional item for the company, but Edison Dye convinced them to mass produce bikes to feed the U.S. market.
                                         Kevin

Gary Roach

Ted,
Yeah, I still have the Rockford Chibi's, plus a couple of Tora's.

Ambr,
Ted got it already. It was Rockford Motors.

Here's one that Toni wanted you to try:
Do you know what this Yamaha symbol is...and what it represents?

Mark P

They are crossed tuning forks(as for musical instruments)

Mark
Texas

OhioTed

Good one on the tuning forks, guys.  In the same vein, do I remember that Yamaha as a company goes back to 1833?  Also, I seem to recall that pianos were their first product.  

How's this for an easy one:  What does PABATCO stand for?

Or this one:  Which motorcycle brand's parent company is represented by the initials "KHI", and what do the initials stand for?  Hint, think "screaming, straight-line performance".

Here's some more trivia:  What large, Japanese company owes much of it's early 2-stroke performance engineering to a German source, and which German motorcycle brand originated some of that go-fast engineering?

thrownchain

KHI is for Kawasaki Heavy Industries.

Lew Mayer

Pacific Basin Trading Company. Hodaka.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Gary Roach

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mark P

They are crossed tuning forks(as for musical instruments)

Mark
Texas

Mark, you are correct.

The three tuning forks of the Yamaha logo mark represent the cooperative relationship that links the three pillars of their business -- technology, production, and sales. The mark also symbolizes the three essential musical elements: melody, harmony, and rhythm.

dennis brown

gary was that the decal on the tank of a taca motorcycle?

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

vmxracer

geez! you guys go too fast for me, i dont get to the computer quick enough! so you definately stumped me on the Rockford symbol. but i knew the Yamaha right off the bat! i studied music history!

ok...
who was the first american national motocross champion, and what did he ride? and what series determined his title[?][?]

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

OhioTed

Since we're digging through the old stuff, here's a few more, guys.  What can you tell us about these symbols?

The first two are easy, but what about that third one?  Hint:  They were to brand (blank) what Mugen was to Honda.