CALLING CONRAD!!

Started by vmxracer, February 19, 2009, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmxracer

well, Full-bore made motocross boots! my dad had a pair. they were red, white and blue down the shin guards. not sure yet about the other two!

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

OhioTed

Ah, very good, young grasshopper, but what ELSE did Full Bore market?

checkcrew

Ted, #2 - Powrell, and #3 - Noguchi. Ted, i emailed you my phone #, give me a call and i can help you with some of the Premier parts, thanks, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Gary Roach

Quotequote:Originally posted by dennis brown

gary was that the decal on the tank of a taca motorcycle?

dennis l.brown

Hi Dennis,

Yes, Rockford Motors had a 100cc model called the "Taka".

Ernie Phillips

Quotequote:Here's some more trivia: What large, Japanese company owes much of it's early 2-stroke performance engineering to a German source, and which German motorcycle brand originated some of that go-fast engineering?

East German MZ rider Ernst D. defected to Suzuki in 1961.  In addition to being a good rider, Ernst was an excellent engineer and he shared much of MZ go-fast technology with his new employer.  Suzuki (and Japan) was soon a force to reckon with.  DKW/MZ developed much of the modern two stroke technology; loop-charging, rotary & reed valves and the di-con pipe (expansion chamber).  In spite of Japan's progress in the 70's it was still a German firm (Maico) that produced the most useable power (IMO) in the open class for many years.  European manufacturers Rotax and KTM still make world class 2-stroke engines.  If the sanctioning bodies go back to a true displacement classes, you will see dominance of the 2-stroke again.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

OhioTed

Wow!  You guys are GOOD!  

Ernie's detailing of the MZ company's technology finding its way to Suzuki was quite impressive.

Ambr - Are you refering to Hooskvarna-mounted Dick Burleson winning the Inter-Am title?  Also, about the other Full Bore products - that same brand could be found on oil products back in the day, for example.

Mike - You get a big A+ for nailing the obscure Noguchi symbol, but a "B" for spelling Poweroll wrong.  Haha.  I will call you this weekend about the Premier.  Thank you!

Gary - That Taka is awesome!  There were so many cool, little trailbikes available back then.  In my efforts to reaquire all the bikes I had when I was a kid, I am seeking a "Broncco".  Thing is, while I had a B&G-powered Broncco minibike, a buddy had a 100cc Broncco trailbike, not unlike the Taka.  THAT'S what I am hoping to locate.  No luck so far, but if you hear or see anything, please let me know.

Bill Ryburn

Didn't Dick Burleson win the 1st US MX championship on a BSA engined Metisse?

Gary Roach

Bill, You're correct. This is from the Hall of Fame Museum website:

"Because the AMA realized that the Europeans would dominate, it decided to create a national championship title which would be conferred on the top American in the series, regardless of where he might finish. This was won by Dick Burleson aboard a privately sponsored Rickman BSA(4). Today, few realize that Burleson was America's first motocross national champion, in part because he went on to become the most accomplished enduro rider in history, earning eight national championships in succession."

Early American MX hero Dick Burleson.

Mick Milakovic

Interesting thing about this thread is that it was started by Conrad at the Indy dealer show when he asked Ambr what BSA meant and the meaning of the OSSA logo, and he hasn't posted here yet!  Conrad are you OK??!!

Mick

Mick
Mick

vmxracer

YEAH! Where is conrad! i have answered his question, plus more! and i never did quiet find anything else of Fullbore. i surrender!!

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Dave Mitchell

I assume somebody got British Small Arms.AJS A.J.Stevens.
Dave

paul a. busick

Full Bore also marketed a 2 smoke oil.  It came in a black quart can.  Those of us that were riding Bultacos in the mid sixty's used it. The Full Bore boots were the best you could buy-at the time.
Paul A. Busick

dennis brown

paul, we used  a 2 stroke oil called t c oil made here in ohio,very good stuff our huskys loved it, do you know what ever happened to it?

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

paul a. busick

Dennis,
 I don't know that product.  We went back and forth from Full Bore to Castrol R.  Then to Hi Point concentrate when John Penton started marketing it.  I'm still using the same stuff today-Golen Spector. 12 oz. to 5 gal.
P.A. Busick

conrad2

Ambr, Sorry It took so long for me to reply, but you are correct with OSSA.
We need young people like you to pass this information on to others!!
You are great Penton/ Vintage ambassador. It was great seeing you and your family in Indy.
Conrad

Conrad Pfeifer
1972 Penton Six Days
Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library