Wanted 150cc piston/rings/pin for Sachs

Started by spowell, March 07, 2009, 11:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spowell

I'd like to increase the cc of my iron barrel trials bike and need the piston/rings/wristpin to do it. Anyone have a set?

thrownchain

There were just a couple of different sets on E bay.

john durrill

Rick Grant had some piston kits. They were the best made at that time for the 152 kit. Paul or Doug would know how to contact him. Try this email address [email protected]
John D.

Lew Mayer

Al B had some 152 Wiseco pistons.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

spowell

Thanks, I contacted both Ron and Al, both had a piston for sale and I ordered one of them. Neither had cylinder machining instructions and I didn't find any on the website so I have come up with my own plan, see below:

1. Measure the difference between the top edge of the 152 piston to the wrist pin.
2. Remove the cylinder head on the 125cc and measure the distance from the piston to the top of the cylinder when the piston is tdc.
3. Remove the cylinder and measure the difference between the top edge of the 125 piston to the wrist pin.
4. Calculate the difference between step 1 and step 3.
5. Have the spare cylinder bored out to 152cc and install it and the piston on the engine.
6. Measure the distance from the 152cc piston to the top of the cylinder when the piston is tdc.
7. Calculate the difference between step 2 and step 6.
8. Hope that the two calculated differences are the same so the port timing remains the same.
9. If they are then have the cylinder flange base machined to match the number from step 7.

If anyone has a better suggestion please advise.

Lew Mayer

The Wisecos shouldn't require any machining besides boring. I have used a few of them.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer