Snapshots: Visiting the dead

Started by rob w, April 10, 2009, 05:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Todays trek to a salvage I've never visited before in Mount Pleasant, MI.

The only thing I got was, depressed. It was like strolling through a cemetery. :)
BobW

thrownchain

Yeah, but did you find anything that you couldn't leave without???

wildman

Bob, I was there last year and looked through their pile of wheels stacked against the fence, looking for a spool type wheel for my ice racer. There in the very back was a Penton front wheel with nice Sun rim and brake assy. Sold! for 20.00. I looked at it recently and it's the later hub with reinforced bearing area. I,m going to update my 250 HS to it soon. I like the Mount Pleasant motorcycle and snowmobile graveyard ( it's actual name) the best because the prices are lower than Slicks but you better know what you are looking for because most stuff is just in a huge pile, unmarked. Wildman

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

rob w

Dans,

Looked at everything, did'nt find anything, and wisely left with nothing. But that's under the category of - you'll never know if you don't look.
Tip for anyone starting a salvage business:  When you store your goods out in a field, in the back. As each year passes, your parts are going to become less desirable.

BobW

Rain Man

There's probably not any Pentons in any motorcycle graveyards left in the Country.  I'd say  "nice job to all of us".

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Chrisbo

WOW, I wish we had yards like that in the U.K. although with our terrible weather they would need to be inside or everything would disintegrate within one year :(
Cheers
Chris.

tofriedel

Chris,

I don't know about your weather, but the weather in Michigan can be very severe.  Extremely cold and a lot of snow and ice.

Tony
Tony