Sachs Case Protector - etc

Started by rob w, May 11, 2009, 11:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Hi, You may remember over a year ago I made the first prototypes of this part. I've now got all the different operations involved in making them dialed in, and have developed patterns and tooling fixtures to help matters.
 Today I achieved more. I wanted to make it possible to use the same case protector on a stock engine, with a full uncut side case. There had to be clearance for the speedometer drive journal that protrudes inside the side case. I'm happy with the results.

You can get one with the clearance hole for running a full length case, or not.
They're all steel, so they need to be either clear coated, or painted.
Cost which includes shipping to Anytown, USA is $226 ea.

Thanks to the Penton Owners Group for everything !
Bob Wardlow

Larry Perkins

NICE!  A must have Bob.

Larry P

Dwight Rudder

What keeps water and trash out of the shifter/counter shaft ?

Dwight

firstturn

Dwight.  I have a similar set up and have a plug.

Rob,
  I want one so I will email you and get the price.  Thanks Bob for the nice products you build.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Rob,
 Thats a great job. We made up 3 for rabid rodents last year and understand the work involved with with making just one up. It take's me about 4 hours to do just one.
 Thats a good price for those of you who have never built things like this before.
John D.

firstturn

Rob,
  Very nice work.  I wish I had your talent.  I will decide which one I want and get back with you.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Thanks Bob.  I will get the oldie 100 out and decide which one I want.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Brother Ron,

Bob is something.  He can wail on the track, always has the coolest Penton stuff, can find the most awesome deals like NOS engines, is an excellent welder/machinist/fabricator, and has an engineering mind.  If he could cook he'd be a keeper.:D

Larry P

P.S. Bob-You've got e-mail

Larry Perkins

Bob,

I e-mailed through POG but it says it failed to go through.  If you did not get it maybe e-mail me direct at [email protected] and I will e-mail you back.  Thanks!

Larry P

firstturn

Larry,
  I think Bob can cook....sounds like a shoe in for the Desert Race Team[8D].  Seriously Bob is very talented and can ride....but I just wish I had the Hero he threw away....I don't blame him.  If you can't get parts what good is a race bike.

Bob,
  I think I am going with the behind the cover model.  That way I can run it with or without the long original cover.  Thanks for you hard work and for the frequent buyers discount.  I love the heads you did for me.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

gashat

Hello Rob   Just tryed to email you through the group but it bounced back. If you could Please email me at  [email protected] I have a few questions I would like to ask you. Thanks  Gene Shatrowsky[?]