Wanted: Sachs/KTM Engine Service Tools

Started by iyaoyas, May 13, 2009, 08:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iyaoyas

Can anyone help me find a Sachs engine stand and a complete kit of service tools?  I am also looking for a KTM engine stand and tools as well.  

Thank you...

Stephen

Project bikes:
'71 Six Days
'72 Jackpiner
'73 Berkshire (Runner)
'74 Hare Scrambles
'74 1/2 thru '76 Cross Country
'76 MC5 for 125, 175, 250, & 400

thrownchain

Try genuinenos for tools, and "Rampent Racing" makes a nice universal engine stand. Unless you're looking for an assembly stand where you lay the cases on their sides, I made mine.

Ernie Phillips

A simple engine assembly stand made from 1x2s

Sachs tools:  Flywheel puller, sprocket puller, crankshaft bearing puller, clutch hub, selector rod tool, shaft protectors (crank and main shaft), shift adjustment tool.

Other helpful tools:  battery powered impact wrench, hex keys, dial indicator, compression guage, snap ring pliers, torque wrench ... and don't forget that 4 lb mini-sledge for stubborn parts removal:D.

Check with Al Buehner for Sachs & KTM tools 216-651-6559

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

sachsmx

I made my engine stand by modifying a cheap 3-wheel car engine stand from Harbor Freight. All that was needed was to drill out holes in the stand's adaptor plate to fit the engine's ignition cover bolt pattern. The pivot is hollow so the mag side of the crank has someplace to go. About the only thing you can't do is install the ignition or the case screws (if they are installed from the mag side) that are directly under the adaptor plate. This works on nearly every vertical split crankcase, single cylinder engine that i've dealt with recently (last 10 years) I did have to make a custom adaptor for my Sachs 7 speeders since it uses a horizontal split case.
This works out to be the perfect height when working from an old office chair :D

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by sachsmx

I made my engine stand by modifying a cheap 3-wheel car engine stand from Harbor Freight. All that was needed was to drill out holes in the stand's adaptor plate to fit the engine's ignition cover bolt pattern. The pivot is hollow so the mag side of the crank has someplace to go. About the only thing you can't do is install the ignition or the case screws (if they are installed from the mag side) that are directly under the adaptor plate. This works on nearly every vertical split crankcase, single cylinder engine that i've dealt with recently (last 10 years) I did have to make a custom adaptor for my Sachs 7 speeders since it uses a horizontal split case.
This works out to be the perfect height when working from an old office chair :D

ONE picture is a 1000 words,...;)

Helmut"Speedy"Clasen
 Ontario Canada
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/vindurospeedy
3 x Sachs MC-GS 250-7A
1 x Hercules 350-7A 76
2 x Hercules 250-7A 76
Zuendapp 125 GS 72-73