DAL SMILIE CHARGED WITH THEFT FROM AMA

Started by Larry Perkins, May 15, 2009, 07:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Check it out in Cycle News online in Industry News.  Former AMA Board member Dal Smilie has been charged with taking $109,000 in false travel expenses from the AMA and the Ohio DA is attempting extradition from Montana.

On a side note former but now fired AMA Treasurer and current AHRMA Treasurer Jeff Smith approved these funds.  Hmmmmm?

Larry P

tomale

I always figure that there was more to the story that we had been led to believe. We really do believe that they really care about us and they are honest with the money we give them to make a difference.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

Thanks Larry for the update.  I think anyone that has kept up with this situation expected to see some type of legal process move forward.  I guess my situation is that I find it VERY sad that between what the alligations of Dal has facing him and Rob Ianucci's law suites that I thought all we really wanted to do was go racing??  I feel we are a country that is just looking for problems rather than solving them.
This legal process will be interesting and if it is true, once again shows that it is hard to trust people when unchecked money is involved.  ....reminds me of a place on the east coast where we send our money to run a country.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

lksseven

Ron,

you said it, brother!

lks

Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Larry Perkins

Check it out in Cycle News online in Industry News.  Former AMA Board member Dal Smilie has been charged with taking $109,000 in false travel expenses from the AMA and the Ohio DA is attempting extradition from Montana.

On a side note former but now fired AMA Treasurer and current AHRMA Treasurer Jeff Smith approved these funds.  Hmmmmm?

Larry P

So Mr.SMILIE,....smiled all the way to the bank,...[}:)]
But then,what the heck,..
All Bankers do it,
All Insurance bosses do it,..
All Auto builders do it,...
All politisioners do it,..[8D][8D][8D]

Helmut"Speedy"Clasen
 Ontario Canada
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/vindurospeedy
3 x Sachs MC-GS 250-7A