penton stripe gas tank stickers

Started by chicagojerry, June 15, 2009, 12:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hi all. i'm having some high quality gas tank stickers made. the long ones like on the mx and watermelon tanks. they will be the black lettering on white like the smaller bikes, not the 400.
the material will be thicker like modern graphics with good adhesive and they won't wear off the letters and stripes. they should hold up significantly better for racing than the old silk-screened type. anyone interested in a set? they will be in the 30$ range. they will not be perforated but due to the way that the new gas deteriorates fiberglass i'll be draining my tanks anyway. if interested, please let me know asap because they'll be getting run very soon.
chi jer

garrettccovington

Whats this about new gas ruining fiberglass tanks????

g
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Dwight Rudder

GASOHOL ruins fiberglass tanks and rubber parts in your fuel system.
Dwight

PS: I would probably try some 100LL AvGas if you can't get straight 93oct gasoline.  AvGas is not normally recommended because it can make the bike run a bit flat.

skiracer

Hey Jerry,

What year are the decals for?  Do you have any photos of what they look like?  I am trying to get a set for a 1976 MC 5 tank.  How about the side pannels; "MC 5," "250."  Let me know.  Thanks, James
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

gary k

Hello,
 I will take two sets of the stickers.  Call me 727 372 2379

1974 250 PENTON         1976 250 KTM            1998 200 KTM            1997 200 Jackpiner      2005 200 ktm            2007 200 EX             1966 125 ISDT Motoguzzi
1974 250 PENTON         1976 250 KTM            1998 200 KTM            2007 200 ktm            2007 200 EX             1966 125 ISDT Motoguzzi

rob w

ChiJer, Yes to that - twice here. Thanks very much. Bob

chicagojerry

they will look like the long stickers available from al b. except that they will be thicker, better adhesive and the graphic is impregnated so as to not rub off. hey james,(ski-racer) take a look at buehners parts website and you can see the design, its listed with his gas tanks. i will contact the guy making them for me again today so i will have more info a little later. chi jer

TCTrailrider

Doug Bridges

Is there any chance the same decal could be produced with inverted colors (white letters on black)while they are making a run? I just got some of these for my bike from Al Buhner and they look great, but if they are going to ware out fast it would be nice to have a high quality replacement.

Doug Bridges
76 MC5 125
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

Kip Kern

Are you reproducing the center stripe also?  {Black and white stripes}  Tanks!

chicagojerry

i expect to receive the stickers today. i'll call him and find out how hard it would be to invert the black/white and enquire about the center stripe. since i have ten sets accounted for it defrayed the artwork set-up up fee. stay-tuned... chi jer

dennis foley

jerry, i would also be interested in white on black. thanks dennis