Handlebar risers

Started by rob w, July 03, 2009, 01:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

(((( News )))) - Team Pentavarna riders win 5 AMA Grand National Championships using Rob W's handlebar risers !!!

:) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :) :D [8D] :)

Bob W

marsattacks

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

marsattacks

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Big Mac

Anyone ever try out the aftermarket risers, see if they'd fit Ceriani top clamps? http://www.pitposse.com/clamps.html

Not likely the right bolt spacing I presume.

Bob, what price would you need to charge for a set such as these?
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

brian kirby

I use these, the are risers and they also allow you to set the bars back if you want to raise fork tubes and the bar is in the way.

http://www.powermadd.com/products/PowerRiser475.html

They come in 2" and 3" rise.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

rob w

I looked at six different Penton/KTM triple clamps, and all six were different in some dimensional respect.
I thought it would be very important for the risers to sit tightly on the upper triple clamp, without a gap between the two, and without sloppiness in the half round area to twist. That way 100% of the stress is'nt put on the fasteners. And in the case of all the clamps up to 1976, they have 6mm screws. '76 on they are 8mm screws.

Jon, So far I've learned that, without taking the project to someone else with CNC machinery - I can not afford to make them affordable.
Another one on the back burner.

Bob

Tahitian_Red

Is it possible to drill out the top clamp mounts to 8mm?  I have some aftermarket risers that may work, but the use 8mm bolts.

Racing the "FaltaNator" in 2009
Racing the \\"FaltaNator\\" in 2011?

chuck

Brian,

Do you use them on your Berkshire. 2" or 3".

Chuck

72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

brian kirby

Nope, I dont need them on Pentons, but I have a set on my Can-Am. The same company also makes risers kinda like Bobs.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

Jim A

Rox Speed has an interesting assortment of risers.
I believe the site is RoxSpeedFX.com
I use a set of their "block" forward mounts on my
modern bike, the actual risers look a little scary for
any aggresive riding the way they clamp on.

Jim A
Jim A