1984 KTM 125 MC

Started by rob w, April 30, 2009, 11:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evomx244

I have the parts manuals and the service manual if anyone needs them

slvrbrdfxr

Brian,
The info you provided came in handy today when I went to take a look at a bike my neighbor told me about. The bike has been sitting in one of his co-worker's backyard storage shed for many, many years collecting dust. The bike turned out to be a 1985 KTM 125MXC and looks to be be in nice spape and only ridden sparingly. The guy who owns the bike bought it new at the local KTM dealer here in Tulsa Jan. 17, 1985 and still has the original title. It is missing the front and side number plates but other than that appears to be complete and original right down to the Metzler tires. The engine turns over freely and seems to have decent compression so I'll bet is it will run with some fresh fuel and a little tinkering. This one has a disc brake up front plus the upside down front forks which I guess might be the first time KTM used this set-up on a production bike. I know it won't be AHRMA legal but I'm still leaning toward buying the bike because it probably would make a nice project and show bike. Let me know what you think. I'll be glad to send you a few pictures if you shoot me an email. My email address is my screen name on this site followed by @cox.net.
Dave McCullough

evomx244

I have the parts manuals and the service manual if anyone needs them

slvrbrdfxr

Brian,
The info you provided came in handy today when I went to take a look at a bike my neighbor told me about. The bike has been sitting in one of his co-worker's backyard storage shed for many, many years collecting dust. The bike turned out to be a 1985 KTM 125MXC and looks to be be in nice spape and only ridden sparingly. The guy who owns the bike bought it new at the local KTM dealer here in Tulsa Jan. 17, 1985 and still has the original title. It is missing the front and side number plates but other than that appears to be complete and original right down to the Metzler tires. The engine turns over freely and seems to have decent compression so I'll bet is it will run with some fresh fuel and a little tinkering. This one has a disc brake up front plus the upside down front forks which I guess might be the first time KTM used this set-up on a production bike. I know it won't be AHRMA legal but I'm still leaning toward buying the bike because it probably would make a nice project and show bike. Let me know what you think. I'll be glad to send you a few pictures if you shoot me an email. My email address is my screen name on this site followed by @cox.net.
Dave McCullough

454MRW

There is a complete 84 KTM 125 engine on Marks Vintage Swapmeet for $125 right now in Illinois. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

evomx244

I've already emailed him this morning , hopefully I can get the both the pipe and the motor

slvrbrdfxr

Yes, I saw the ad for the engine on Mark's site this morning too but did not contact the seller. The ad is poorly worded and is hard to determine if he has the KTM pipe for sale. The pipe he has pictured in the ad is for a Yamaha IT200.
Dave McCullough

Mike Lenz

The other pipe is correct for the 125.

brian kirby

Dave,

I would get the bike anyway. You didnt hear it from me, but if you put on the '84 fork, front wheel, seat, tank, and radiator shrouds on the '85 you would have the same bike as the '84 and no AHRMA tech inspector would know the difference, wink wink. :D

All of the parts you need are on eBay right now, you could buy the parts for less than $200 probably.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

evomx244

I was able to buy the motor and pipe, no luck on a kick starter assy yet.

evomx244

Brian-
 How's your 125 coming along ? are you planning on racing it at Gainsville ?

Tom Fox

Hi:
New to the Forum and would like to know if anyone has a 1984 KTM 125 project for sale? Would also manual/parts list etc. Appreciate any help on this project would be appreciated such as parts sources and availabilty?

Tom From Missouri