NOS 1974-75 RED MX Tank

Started by gooddirt, May 18, 2010, 02:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe novak

Hello Clark and Victor,  The red 1974 Penton Berkshire MX tank which I refer to had been in a garage sale I had in around 1977.  The masking tape price tag which is still stuck to it, says $20.  I had only used the tank for about 6 races, then switched to a yellow MX tank.  Sorry to disappoint you, but the tank (petcocks and cap included) has become the platform for my new Penton Berkshire   build-up.  I have accumulated many of the parts which I need to complete the project.  Found an old Sachs Aluminum 100 cylinder, piston, and head in the garage, too.  The frame is in the "ready to sandblast" stage, and it really needs sandblasting to remove the layers of paint which were applied over dirt, duct tape, and whatever else got in the way.   Thank you for asking!   Hope to see you down the trail....   Joe

Gavin Housh

Larry, come down and take all this junk out of my house. two 73 Maicos MC400 and MC 440, two 73 and one 72 Penton 125's, two 86 Husky's WR400 and WR500.  Extensive Sachs inventory. Make a resonable offer and I'll deliver. Gavin

VICTOR MONZ

Gavin.

I'll come get the Pentons and all the Sachs, you call, I'll bring money.

Victor

gooddirt

Iam nearing the golden gate over pass.

firstturn

Larry,
  Go ahead and sell the tank to someone else as I feel that I am getting ready to sell most of my Pentons and concentrate on two of my long term projects.  Thanks for getting the pictures to me.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Gavin Housh

Victor thanks for the intrest in the 125 Pentons. The 73's are parts, not complete bikes. One is a high breather and other is not. I haven't had time to complete them allmost everything is there. I haven't got a good handle on how much all this is worth. I need to go through all the parts and get a rough idea of what is there. I can tell you that I have several piston sets and ring sets, as well as straight cut primarys and Morgen Machine EDM cut transmision gears NOS selector rods and keys. Transmission shims, crank shins, selector lever assemblies, clutch assemblies including a NOS clutch cover with improved roller bearing clutch acuator from military 180cc motor. 2 PVL ignitions and one tested Motoplat, Sachs tools including crank bearing race puller, and a large stack of collected manuals and performance data. The 72 is complete and has been a race bike. It has all the trick parts, straight cut gears, Morgen Machine EDM transmission gears, six fin Monark "D" barrel with standard bore and Morgen porting (no bost ports), 30mm Mikuni, PVL ignition, 35mm forks with mods to dampers, Works shocks revalved to slow them down enough so they don't pogo you off the bike, Harescrambler 250 Magnesium front hub and Sun alloy rim, Small gas tank hand lettering. Aluminum seat base and hand made very firm foam (Tall but can be shaved down with belt sander for shorter riders). Really too much to list all this stuff. Call before 8PM I get up early! (510)481-0554 for any east coasters that may call I'm on Pacific time. Thanks, Gavin

SouthRider

Larry,

I am interested in your tank. I am adding my earlier post below:

I chipped the tank on my Berkshire project bike while dueling in the woods with Bob Rigby on his 490 Maico at the Tulsa ISDTRR.

Since I am no longer riding I would like to finish the bike with a really clean tank so that I can display it.

You can see pictures of my bike here:

http://clarksbikes.shutterfly.com/

Please email me pix of your tank at [email protected] .

You can also call me at 985-630-3333.

Thanx,

Clark Gristina
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

SouthRider

SOLD - Larry, I am mailing you a check today.

Thanx Again,

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

Dave Mitchell

Man Clark,you did a fine job on the berkie.Well done.
Dave

SouthRider

Thanx Dave - It was a labor of love.

My friend & mentor Don (Mike) Burgess held my hand the whole way - It was the last bike build that he was involved with before he passed last year. He wouldn't build it for me, and insisted that I do it all myself with his guidance.

It won't be sold until I'm gone too.

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

Dave Mitchell

Guys like that don,t come along often enough.That's what it's all about bud.
Dave