Dennis Jones

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gordon Brennan

JEEZ, Does anyone have an original,
[^]

What happened to the one I gave you Uncle Ronnie [?]

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Gordon Brennan

I just went to the photo gallery. It brings up yet another question.
When I was at VMD in Ohio this year, there was another Wassell at the Penton area. He and I were talking and comparing bikes. He mentioned the name "Mudlark" and, I think it was someone by the name of Dane, came over and told us NIETHER of our bikes were Mudlarks. I'm not much of an arguer, so I listened as he told us our bikes were simply Penton Trials bikes. And that the Mudlark was different.
Now I see the one in the photo gallery with a Mudlark sticker on it and virtually the same as mine and the other guys. Same seat, same fenders, same tank, same motor and same colors. Just different decals.
So what is the one in the gallery, a Penton Trials bike or a Mudlark?

Also, Since seeing the oiler in the gallery and hearing from Ron and Lew, seeing different types of knobs, I wouldn't be surprised if the one on mine is original (or at least from where it came from). It would appear they obviously used different knobs and mine is British threads as well. 1/4 - 26 I think.

Lew Mayer

Rob shows the one with the round knod. The one I have with the hex knob is about the same diameter.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer