Chain Oiler for Penton Mudlark

Started by firstturn, September 28, 2010, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I know this is a long shot, but I have helped many people in the past with long shots...i need a Wassell/Mudlark chain oiler for my bike.  I will buy, trade or give me the deal.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rpage11

Try Matt at Speed and Sport.  I spoke to him about a year ago and he had some he wanted to sell.  530-878-0700.  Good luck Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

Glenn Berry

Ron, If Matt has any oilers can you let us know. Thanks

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

firstturn

Glenn,
  Matt doesn't have any...what he has is the cap to the oil reservoir.  So he has received numerous call from who knows? about the oiler.  Thanks Skip for the help.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

checkcrew

Ron,

thanks for the up-date on the chain oiler,

at least i won't be one of the who knows ??

i need one for mine if you or anyone comes across a supplier,

thanks again Ron,
regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

gooddirt

I need one as well . They look to be a petcock used on a Rickman steel gas tank. Now there will be a petcock shortage.  LG

checkcrew

Quotequote:Originally posted by gooddirt

I need one as well . They look to be a petcock used on a Rickman steel gas tank. Now there will be a petcock shortage.  LG

Way to go Larry, now Rickman petcocks will cost a $100 or more - LOL - "just a joke"
it is a little more involved then that,
i spoke to Gordon Brennan today and he will post a few pics of his origional oiler mounted on his Wassell, he sent me the pics and they show what it looks like and how it mounts.
thanks,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Gordon Brennan

Here is the original. After this weekends Trial, I will remove it and see if I can make one.
Gordon

firstturn

Actually Gordan's isn't complete as it doesn't have the correct regulator (his has a screw in its place), but thanks for posting the picture.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Gordon Brennan

JEEZ, Does anyone have an original, or picture of one? I can't figure out why anyone would take it off in the first place. Did they think removing a few ounces would make them a better Trials rider? Maybe I should try that! Anyone want mine? :D
Only kidding.

firstturn

Gordan I knew there was no way to post my response without getting poked [:p].  Thanks again for posting the picture.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

gooddirt

The casting is larger on the Rickman (same function) than Gordon's pic ,his is missing the pull button as it shows in my Mud Lark sales Lit. There is a pic in the gallery  July  2004 Lex Ohio. LG

Lew Mayer

I've seen two types. I have one with a hex knob and one with a round knob.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Big Lew...as we say in Texas...you are blessed.  I hope you are doing well Big Guy.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh