2012 racing begins

Started by Lloyd Boland, December 17, 2011, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Update from Fred Guidi on Unadilla weekend - "Uncle Al is bringing some of the Legends with him and Gunnar Lindtsrom will be designing the GP track for us..."

Fred is referring to Alex Moroz and the Legends of Motocross. I'm guessing he'll get Jimmy Wienert to show, along with a few others.

Momma mia.  I've never turned a wheel at Unadilla, much less the GP (National) track. Seen many Nationals, as well as MXDN and I think a GP.  And I've watched the GNCC guys spin laps on it - sure looks like they have fun.  Heck, I don't think the GP track would need that many mods to make it vintage friendly.  But it is BIG.  BIG downhills, BIG uphills, heck..it's BIG country in that neck of our woods.

Brian - tough decision. But If I were a betting  man, I bet I'll see you at VMD (mid-Ohio) AND Unadilla in 2012.:)

And you are forgiven for your VMD opinions - but I'd keep both eyes open when you're back in the woods.  Just saying....;)

garrettccovington

Yea Lloyd, still Lurking.  Unfortunatly Injury has forced retirement.

I keep in touch with the guys on facebook.  Congrates to all the winners.  Wish I could go out there and ride with you guys.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Lloyd Boland

garrettccovington

Yep,,, That fall in Oct 2010, took all the wind out of my sails.  I've fallen off street bikes, dirt bikes, and have just plain fallen down, but, Never have I been in so much pain for so long.

The thing that gets me, It was the slowest fall in the history of mankind.  It was even slower than the fall of the Roman Empire.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

cdb50mx

That's a bummer Garrett , who are we going to make fun of now ? Guess Major Tom is next on the list :D

Mike