2012 racing begins

Started by Lloyd Boland, December 17, 2011, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Boland

Okay, you So Cal guys and gals, 01/08/12 racing begins at Comp Edge with last year's awards being presented after the race.

Garrett you still around? I haven't heard from you in awhile.

Hope to see some of you I haven't seen for awhile.

Happy holidays and make sure Santa brings you a new set of tires for 2012.

Lloyd

rob w

I now have all the motivation I need to race again in 2012.

One word - UNADILLA !

brian kirby

I'm seriously considering Unadilla for '12.

Brian
Brian

Dale Fisher

I heard a rumor Bob Wardlow may dust off a bike to make an appearance as well ;)

Dale Fisher
POG Membership
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Sonnenschein

Unadilla for 12? Are we talking GNCC? It would be cool for a vintage ride there. Thats close to home for me.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

brian kirby

AHRMA is going to have a National at Unadilla in '12, CC, VMX and PVMX.

Brian
Brian

Lew Mayer

I'll have to make the trip to Unadilla just to see Bawb. Haven't seen him in a while.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tooclose racing

Lew - you talking to me?  :D

Wow - pretty cool.  And of course for me it would be like backyard cool.   Interesting to see which MX track they use  - National or Amateur. Gravity Cavity, anyone?

Brian - it would be great to cross paths with you for a weekend.  Please - drink all my beer.  Before we race. [:p]

Guess I better head over to the AHRMA site for the latest, huh?

Dale Sonnenschein

They had some vintage races there before and I think they ran the pro track.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Lew Mayer

Actually, I meant Bob Wardlow but it would be good to see you, as well, Bob.  Maybe your new home will be in order by then.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

brian kirby

I can only make 4 long distance/long weekend trips for '12 and three of them are already assigned to the ISDT series. I have the choice of Diamond Don's, Mid-Ohio, or now this Unadilla race. I've already been to DD's so I'd say its ranked third. In spite of my bad mouthing Mid-O, I have always wanted to make a trip just because. And of course, Unadilla is a track I've always wanted to race at, having raced at Saddleback and Carlsbad, I need to add Unadilla to that list of legendary US tracks.

Brian
Brian

Dale Sonnenschein

I have ridden the pro and amateur tracks for their GNCC. Not the whole track at once but on and off a few times a lap. They use gravity cavity every year. They run it backwards every other year. It would be a blast to run the whole track!!

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Dwight Rudder

I have just heard that the Rose City Mich 2 Day ISDT VQ has been cancelled for 2012.  Lynn Burton, Chicago Jerry, and myself are working to get a new venue with the Meridian Motorcycle club, Meridian Ms. Sandy soil, Hills and trails. Will probably be a 3 loop affair on Saturday with pitting at the Parc Ferme area / campground. Probably a 2 loop Sunday with a final MX in the Sand Pit. Planning is still in the works but the club is excited to work with AHRMA on this. I recommended that the club members go buy a couple Kawasaki KE100s if they don't have a vintage bike and use them to setup the course. If they can enjoy riding the KE100 (Same as old G4,G5)which is basically a 35 year old design, they have the trail right. I hope to hear more soon. Hopefully a date. Maybe they will exchange times with the Ark. Dirt Riders so they are not on the same weekend as the Nat'l Enduro in La. Brian will like that he doesn't have to travel so far to ride. LOL

brian kirby

I'm sorry the Michigan race was called off, I was looking forward to going there since I had to miss it this year, but it does work out a lot better for me, Meridian is only 4 hrs away. That means I only have to use two of my long distance weekends for the ISDT series. I'd say Unadilla is my first choice, then its between Diamond Don's and Mid-O for the last one. I've been to DD's already so I guess I should go to Mid-Ohio.

Brian
Brian

Bob Bean

Sorry to hear Rose City is out.  Since it is only 4-5 hours away it would have been one I could have made.  DD too far for me as well. Definately have to go to VMD
Would love to go to Unadilla, but again distance is a killer.

Bob Bean

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1970 125 Six Day
1973 100 Berkshire
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Penton 250 Harescrambler
1976 Husky 250CR
1981 Husky 250CR
1982 Husky 250CR
1985 Husky 400WRX