Anything Unusual About This Brochure?

Started by Admin, March 18, 2014, 11:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnborn

weren't the first 400's named trask mountain,then changed to mint?

lmroberts36

Quotequote:Originally posted by BrianTaylor

Ok thks , Then to me they probably changed the name to Hare Scrambler when they changed the tank colour to red . Whatya think BT

Brian Taylor
The yellow-tank 250 was known as the Hare Scrambler when I purchased mine, so I'm pretty sure the brochure is wrong.

Larry Roberts, Mont Alto, PA
1973 Penton 125 Six-days(Sold)
1984 Honda V65 Magna
1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo track car
http://rotarydiagnostics.com
Larry Roberts, Mont Alto, PA
1973 Penton 125 Six-days(Sold)
1984 Honda V65 Magna (sold)
1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo track car
http://rotarydiagnostics.com

Daniel P. McEntee

I think some one on the list knows finer details, because here is where I probably learned what I know to make my post. I REALLY liked the yellow version, and can't believe my luck in finding a project bike of the '73 250. It raises an interesting question also that I think is still a mystery, and that is when did they start painting them red? Some think it was with the watermelon tank, but mine has the smaller MX toaster tank, and underneith the silver paint a previous owner put on it, was red paint on the tank and side panels, and underneath that was the yellow gel coat. Mine has a September 1793 serial number on it, but is definitely not a short travel early 1974. I think I had Mike Winter help me figure that out when I first got it, and I'm fixing it back up as a yellow tanker, and found a larger enduro tank to paint for it. Interesting subject!
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Daniel P. McEntee

VERY COOL! How could you look at that and NOT want one? I much prefer the yellow over the red, especially with the toaster tank.
   Thanks for posting! What mag and month/year was that in, and can you scan and email me the rest when you get time?
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
    dpmcenthusiast @ aol.com