Jeff Borer has passed away

Started by ALB, July 29, 2014, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slvrbrdfxr

Like everyone else here, I too was shocked and saddened by this news after visiting with Jeff at Mid Ohio just a few short weeks ago. He was such a knowledgeable, polite and soft spoken guy that you couldn't help but like him. I sure will miss seeing him at the POG events and reading his input on this site. My deepest sympathy goes out to the entire Borer family and I'll be keeping you all in my prayers. God Bless and God Speed Jeff !!
Dave McCullough

Jack Penton

Always the smile, always the helping hand. We love you Jeff and will miss you dearly.

johnnycrash

Jeff's funeral arrangements are as follows....

Friends may call Friday, August 1, 2014 from 2-4 and 6-9 p.m.
Hempel Funeral Home; 373 Cleveland Ave., Amherst.

Closing prayers will be held on Saturday, at 9:30 a.m. at the funeral home.
A Mass of Christian Burial will follow at 10:00 a.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church; 200 St. Joseph Drive, Amherst.

The Rev. Fr. Michael Denk of St. Joseph Catholic Church, and Deacon Lou Maldonado of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Lorain will Concelebrate. Burial will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Lorain.

//www.hempelfuneralhome.com

Thank you,
John Borer

paul a. busick

All of us here in Amherst are truly in shock.  I can only express my heart felt sympathy to the Borer family and wish things are not as they are.  We will miss Jim's BIG smile.  Paul Busick

Fred Deagostino

Condolences to the Borer family and to all Jeff's friends here at POG. Based on everyone's comments in prior posts, he sounds very much like several guys I've had the pleasure to know over the years. I'm very sorry for everyone's loss.  Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Paul Danik

If the length of the line at last nights visitation is any indication, Jeff sure touched a lot of folks during his lifetime. The photos that were displayed showed the numerous sides of Jeff, from tending to his chickens, traveling the country with his family, working on numerous things mechanical or nursing a young animal with an eyedropper, the common threads were either Jeff's smile or his intense look, obviously wanting to perform the task at hand properly.

The most common stories were of Jeff either helping someone in need, or asking them if they wanted to ride one of his motorcycles, given as rare and unique as they were that says a lot about Jeff.

Helping out folks in need brought Jeff to his position with the Penton Owners Group as Secretary, with the passing of Al Born we were in a rough position and Jeff offered his services. It was mentioned last evening that God must have quite a mechanical issue to solve as he called in one of the very best!

As was often the case in life, Jeff is wearing a John Penton movie cap and has a wrench in his hand, his brother John was quick to mention that it is a German wrench at that.

God Speed Jeff.

Paul

Wardie

From the crew at the 2 Wheel Power Hour motorcycle show we are saddened to hear of Jeff'ss passing and offer our deepest sympathies and condolences to the Borer Family. Jeff was a motorcyclist and he will be missed by all who had the good fortune of knowing him. God Speed Jeff. Larry Ward

scott brogan

Been reluctant to post here. Can't really come to grip with this yet.
What an honor and privilege it has been to know Jeff. We have truly
lost a great friend to the whole motorcycle community .
God Speed my friend!

Bis wir uns wiedersehen.

Gary Roach

So saddened by this...Jeff's passion and enjoyment for life and for our sport was made obvious by his actions. Our heartfelt sympathy to all his family. His warm smile and gentle nature will be missed, but not forgotten.
Gary & Toni Roach

Dale Fisher

The early viewing on Friday was also filled with friends and family.  Notable in the lobby was the presence of the BMW and NSU we have all come to know so well.  As with Al Born's passing the reality of the loss will definitely be felt as we assemble Thursday at the monthly meeting and view his empty seat.  I share the passage from the funeral notification

The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning
That God was going
To call your name,
In life we loved you dearly
In death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you.
You did not go alone;
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories,
Your love is still our guide,
And though we cannot see you,
You are always at our side.
Our family chain is broken,
And nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

God Speed Jeff!

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dwight Rudder

Godspeed Jeff..........................  Gonna miss you.

PJM

This is very sad news.  Jeff touched and befriended each of us in his special and kind way and will be sorely missed.  My sincerest heartfelt sympathy to each of his family members. Loosing a loved one is not easy; however, may each of you find strength and comfort in the many fond memories that you have of Jeff.

Sincerely,
Pat Mickevicius
Pat Mickevicius

hanksie

Our hearts go out to the family,Godspeed Jeff.    Bill & Michelle

Paul Danik

On Tuesday evening Larry Ward, host of the Two Wheel Power Hour, was kind enough to devote the first segment of his show to remembering Jeff. This link should take you to the Podcast of that show.

http://www.570wkbn.com/media/podcast-two-wheel-power-hour-podcasts-twowheelpower/two-wheel-power-hour-080514-25121700/

Thank you Larry Ward.
Paul

tomale

I am sorry to hear the loss, though I never had the pleasure of meeting him, I am sure he would like him very much, our prayers go out to all who knew and loved him.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki
Honda TL 125
2004 Suzuki DL1000

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W