Jeff Borer has passed away

Started by ALB, July 29, 2014, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

After checking with James Borer (Jeff's dad) to confirm what I had heard, it is with deep sadness that I inform everyone about the passing of Jeff Borer today from a heart attack.

Jeff, better known to everyone on this forum as "NSU Jeff" was the Secretary of the POG. He was an avid collector of NSU bikes and parts and was well known around the world as a source for parts and advice for other NSU collectors. He is the owner of the NSU featured in the John Penton movie re-inactment scenes.

An update on his funeral arrangements will be forthcoming in a day or two.  :(

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

mxfiles

It was a very sad phone call from Jack a while ago. Jeff was a newly found friend to me and an integral part of our long project together. He always had a smile and positive attitude about helping and making things happen. And I really appreciated how he ALWAYS addressed JP as "Mr. Penton". A real class act.

I probably spent more time with him at VMD this year than any other person and we had a good time checking out the swap meet in the golf cart together. Learning about all the bikes he had, wanted, and learning from him the whole time. I will smile thinking about that time together.

I think Jeff was very proud at being part of the Penton film and I'm sure glad he got to see it completed.

God Speed NSU Jeff.  

(You won't have to worry about us blowing up any more of your families' BMWs anymore.)

:(

Todd

chicagojerry

it's truly a sad, shocking day. he will be sorely missed. his family is in my prayers. chicago jerry

Bob Gilman

This is a sad day for our organization,Jeff was a class A person.My prayers go out to the family.Stay strong

firstturn

It is so sad to lose a good Friend like Jeff.  My Prayers are with his Family.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

iyaoyas

My condolences to Jeff's family and friends.  I've only known Jeff since 2000 when I joined the POG.  It's too bad that I only saw Jeff once a year at the VMD in Mid-Ohio and yes, he always had a smile when ever I'd see him.  I recall Jeff donating a NOS Hi-Point 21" tire that I won as a door prize several years ago at a VMD POG meeting.  I've since donated that same tire back to the POG where it has been awarded to another POG member so someone out there has a very special tire in their collection...I hope it found a good home.  Point being that Jeff was a very generous & thoughtful person who always made time to speak with me.  I will miss seeing Jeff at the VMD POG tent or simply milling around the swap meet.  My prayers are with Jeff's family.    

Stephen Markley
Gastonia, NC

johnborn

I am truly saddened.my thoughts and prayers are with Jeff's family.

Kip Kern

This I cannot believe, we were just at Mid Ohio pushing bikes around.  What a great man, kind and gentle.  Wow, a great friend lost.  Our hearts go out to his family, I will truely miss Jeff.

Lew Mayer

My sincere condolences to the family for their loss.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Randy Kirkbride

Very sad news. My condolences to the family.

rob w

Oh my gosh this is terribly sad news. We messed around quite a bit together just a few weeks ago at Mid-O. I'll remember riding around on the back of his purple Honda S50 that he built for the movie, and just making jokes and cracking up the whole time. He was my kind of motorcycle guy, through and through - I'm going to miss him. Damn this is hard to believe. I am so sorry for his family, god bless, you were a good man NSU Jeff, although it was way too short, I know you enjoyed your time here.

rob w

Bud Green

Our condolences to the family in the loss of their loved one and the loss of a good friend to many.  Bud and Pat Green

hankthecrank

I too am deeply sad to hear this and like you guys I just spent some time with him at VMD. What a treasure we have lost. His contribution to the movie is one of the ways he left his mark on this world. We are praying for his family. Hank and Elaine Rinehart

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

seanguthrie

Never had the pleasure to meet Jeff, but I imagine him to be like the many fine people associated with this group that I have met.

Godspeed and prayers sent up for him and his family.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213