Marzocchi shocks

Started by tmc3c, July 16, 2003, 08:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

oop's, that's southern for it is the wrong part for my motorcycle.It is a lot larger than I need.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tomale

Sorry Thomas,
I thought that you had a 76 MC5. It is strange that it seems to be so difficult to get those shocks working right. I have not really had to do much of anything to my bike. Although I am having trouble keeping carb from leaking through the overflow. I have tried adjusting the float but when I get it to stop leaking the tickle no longer functions too. This is small potatoes compared to what you seem to be dealing with.
Hope your project goes better from this point on.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tmc3c

Thanks Thom for the encouraging word's,I too hope things would go a little better but it will be worth it all for the times I am in the woods and I will be the only one on a PENTON!! originally I thought mine was a mc5 until the pog site got me straight on my facts,but with the motor being a 1974 there is no telling what it is.What would be a blast would be to get all of ya'll to come south for a week and ride some of South Carolina's finest!It would be cool for all of us to show up at a gncc event with all the Penton's , I bet a lot of head's would be turning!!! You don't see many Penton's in the south.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Rocket

tmc3c
Can you tell me where your shocks were leaking from, shaft area, around the threaded cap area of the shaft or the resevoir cap?  Marzocchi shocks are pretty simple to rebuild, possibly the seal got cut or rolled when the shaft was pushed through.  I would take a look at them if you want.  Email or give me a call.
[email protected]
815 778 3768
Rocket

tmc3c

Thank,s Rocket, I will take a look and see if I can find where it is leaking from and give you a call. With the shocks mounted with the resivior up I would think it leaked around the shaft.I will be in touch, Thanks Again!!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler