Pentons Win at ISDTRR

Started by tlanders, October 09, 2003, 12:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

Next years ISDTRR will be in Arkansas. Trail boss will be Lynn Burton. Lynn has laid out two day qualifiers and dual sport rides for many years. He will do a great job.

tlanders

I called Lynn to get the answer but missed him. It will be in the western middle part of the state, somewhere between Little Rock and Oklahoma. I will see Lynn this weekend as we will be competing against each other in the Casey AHRMA Cross Country and I'll report the exact location next week.

Steve Minor

That would be great Teddy....As always, you are on top of things.

Steve Minor

OUCWBOY

If the event is in the middle, it would give us left coaster a better shot at going.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Larry Perkins

It will be at that same COOL riding place that they had it at thr first couple of years it ran.  A fantastic layout for the grass track special test.  It is like a European scrambles course with some natural humps and bumps.  Trails were pretty easy with a decent amount of up and down as it is on the edge of The Great Ozark Uplift(The Ozarks).  It is close so count me in boys.  I will start building something now to make sure I am ready on time.

VintageGuy

Additions to Ted's list:
Jack Penton rode a 76 Penton GS 250
Carl Cranke rode a KTM

Paul

Dwight Rudder

It will not be at Cass Ark. I believe it to be closer to Little Rock area. I won the Vintage Classic Expert Class. I was riding a PUCH MC175E ( with PENTON USA on tank ) as Penton Imports brought some in about 1972-73. I was honored to have won against Jeff Penton one of my Heros from 1973.
 I believe it will be much easier trails next year more like a offroad dual sport event to special tests.
Cher'o,

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Lew Mayer

Also add to your list of Penton Golds, Tom Grimmel. He was listed as riding a Honda and I know he rode a newly acquired 74 Jackpiner, bad shocks and all.

Lewis A Mayer
Lew Mayer