Wassell Hammerite/Hammertone Paint

Started by Kip Kern, October 22, 2003, 03:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmond197

I used the spray bomb method. Take your time with a coulpe of coats and it will look great. Spray too much and the paint will run and give an uneven hammer effect. Shake the can well before using. Do not paint on a day with high humidity and it will work great. I am doing all my compeition bikes that are silver with  with it. I have been using John Deer tractor paint on the black framed bikes. The Hammerite brand is important as the immitators do not work as well.

Dennis Jones

Dennis D the hammerite comes out very slick but does have a hammered appearance if that makes any sense.
Desmond, my Tyran project is pretty complete, even has origanal fenders and chain gaurd with no dents. What I don't have is a pipe or seat foam and cover, but I have the seat base[?] I have a pipe I can make work but I could sure use help with the seat[:p] There are not any shops in my area that do motorcycle seats well.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

rob w

Hey Me-talk-fab, Kip's bike was very period correct by color. The green & yellow color combo was synonymous with the Penton brand in that era. It was more the rule than the exception in this neck of the woods, if you replaced the aluminum fenders, yellow plastic were the common colors seen on a Sixdays in 72 & 73. Alot of Jackpiners too, not so much on Berkshires. In that day, your jerseys, Hi Point leathers, and chest protector came in green/yellow. I think using white fenders became more popular after 73 & 74, when you were more use to seeing the stock white fenders being used and related to it that way. Kip may be color-blind but he sure knows how to put together a beautiful bike.

I went for the "double edit", but it sure is fun playing with this new board, I guess me don't talk fab.

Kip Kern

Thanks guy's, I'll give Eastwood a call in the morning!

Kip[8D]