Gunnar gasser throttle

Started by tmc3c, January 08, 2004, 07:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Thank's Thom for your info, they also sale them at the husky club.Thank's Again !

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mick Milakovic

Thomas,
I've had one on my Husky for years, very dependable and smooth working.  Parts are also available through the Husky club.  I'm wondering if the cables will work for the penton carb, as I'd like to try one for competition purposes?

Mick

DKWRACER

Can also sub Motion Pro "Turbo".........
Thomas Brosius

James

Also " Motoboss" from Cycle Gear about 18 bucks. BTW I ahve an old throttle called an MTD Twister. It is a1/8 turn throttle. Had it for years never seen one before or since. Can anyone tell more about them?
Thomas how far along is you bike? Thank you, James
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

tmc3c

Hi James, I have had the frame powder coated & pipe all new bearings, new tubes & tire's new fenders and side panel's a complete overhaul of the engine from Kip Kern which made it NEW again, and now I am working my way through the carb and a new pvl electronics, just sent my flywheel to PVL to get remagnetized......I think that is all, but there is still more to do, I want to get all my glass work done and I talked to vintage dirt bikes about doing the work. I am slowly making my way but it's a LONG road with a bunch of mud hole's. Thank's for asking !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

James

Thomas good to hear it is coming along. Restorations can be trying not only on your wallet but your patience. BTW I have always run side pull throttles since I feel they are safer-not having that big daeth loop hanging in the wind. I have hooked one on another racer-drug my bike around a few turns before he noticed his Yamahopper was a bit sluggish-but he admitted it was handling better.LOL I guess if a side pull cost hundreds more it would be worth it to me. James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.