Guess Who The Rider Is

Started by Admin, March 24, 2004, 09:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

I still don't know the total number produced, but it was at least 41.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny,
  I heard that there was 45 built, but the highest number I have found is #41.  Good answer.
Sheriff

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

jj

I found my "confidential" Penton Central price sheet dated Jan 15, 1977 and it shows that the 250 KR projected Dealer cost was $1980 and the sug. retail was $2600. That was $640 higher the retail price of a '77 250 MC-5.

John J Slivka
John J Slivka

firstturn

John,
  Amazing!  You are so close on the retail that I (the Sheriff) will have to do a "gimme" on this one.  The actual suggested price was $2630.00.  Your off alot on the dealer cost so I will leave that open.  Thanks John for the spirit and for keeping the Sheriff honest.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Ok the Sheriff needs to clean the slate before I leave Penton Central so here are the answers to the questions ask.  But I would hope that other questions or just input would surface on the bikes.

*The year of the picture:   I didn't submit the picture so I will have to guess that it is 1977 in the Astro Dome (Houston).  If it isn't correct it would be 1978.  Mike rode Pentons for two years(that I know of).

*Physical problem:  This is just one I had to put in[}:)].  Mike's real problem was he was so small and young that he had to have the bike started and be held up to start the race (MX).  No Kidding and he was FAST.

*Dealer net and Dealer cost:  Dealer net was $2195.00 and Retail was $2630.00.

*Close out price in December 1977:  Close out price was $1800.00.  Boy would I pay that now for a new one.

Thanks for everyones imput and for letting me enjoy helping with this section.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh