Hospital Stop- Ted del Solar

Started by firstturn, September 07, 2004, 10:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

Teddy, Best wishes and a speedy recovery from Debbie and myself.
Be sure to take care and take plenty of vitamin and Calcium suppliments to speed your recovery.
We expect to see you at the ISDTR as usual !  Give Connie a hug for me !
Carefully !
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Young Ted

Rocket - Now that you mention it, yes it was a warranty problem. Do you also handle those above the shoulders?

Dwight - Hugging is not a problem and I'll be as careful as I feel like. Pills, vitamins and so forth, I stay away from. Some dirt and grease have done OK for me so far and I have no plans to change now.

My recovery is coming along well. The left arm has a lot of pain free movement allowing me to do many things already. The rib will be sore much longer but I'm down to 3 pillows for sleeping props. The target is Tulsa and I'll do nothing to ruin it.

To call things as you see them is the way it should be, no argument from me.

Young Ted

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Young Ted

Ohio Ted - Thanks for the accolades. Ron has the correct age at the beginning - 76. Not to detract from your kind words Ted, but I feel obligated to put in my side of the word hero. The word has been used very loose for some years now. Many times applied to just an act. I'm from the old school, and to me you are not a hero until you put your own life on the line in the course of directly trying to save that of another human being. Should this offend anyone in any way, make your decision and do whatever you feel is right, for I have just done so.
     My riding gear is packed and ready for Tulsa. Davie needs a few minor items taken care of after covering both Pine Cone and Jack Pine last month. Today I received a very specially made card that I'll describe by saying - some people sure know how to make a juvenile cry. Good thing I was working with latex paint at the time.

Just a Penton rider,
Young Ted

Hello Ted.What the hell is going on with you???Are you loosing your edge.???Are you getting old on me????Not seeing logs???For a moment you shocked me because I thought you would not come to challange me at the ZINK RANCH in uglyoma,....WHere you thinking about your WIFE and MY girlfriend during the ride????No wonder you lost it.So,for quick recovery:I offer you a 3 day vacation trip to CANADA at the SPEEDY RANCH.
Join in with BURCHARD from Germany.I let the grass grow extra high and it is only 1/2 of an acre..For getting back in shape we use the HAND PUSH LAWN MOWER with doll blades adjusted to 1" hight.
Food is GERMAN BOCKWURST AND BEER.How about,..?????????
Hugges and kisses to my girlfriend,....
Speedy------->>>>>>>>>>[:o)]:):D[8D]

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

Young Ted

Special to Cup Tester - I simply made a mistake. It never dawned on me that there would be a log buried along the edge of a road, so I was not looking for one. The first rider didn't see it either. As for your girlfriend, she was 250 miles away and not towards you either. Many thanks for the recovery vacation, but I doubt being that close to you would be a vacation. That testing job of yours would be just too much.
The collarbone appears to be healing faster than the rib. The amount of pain free arm movement has increased enough that I can now put socks and shoes on slowly but with no problem. The rib doesn't allow me to sleep or sit still for more than two hours at time. This being my second rib break, I know there is another week or so before the pain will reduce significantly.
Another thing Speedy - I did this injury because you and Jim Borer were getting all the attention and I felt left out. How much competition you'll get from me at Tulsa is an unknown. I'll ride to ride again, so that means on the conservative side, but I will be there to at least keep you in check and give Burchard his speeding ticket from last year. If you had a cow, it would solve your grass cutting and cup testing problem. Think of the options - right side one day left the next, then front, then back, then one of each either combination. If your ranch has goats, that will work too, providing you check the ram effect first.

Young Ted

Speedy

Special to Cup Tester - I simply made a mistake. It never dawned on me that there would be a log buried along the edge of a road, so I was not looking for one. The first rider didn't see it either. As for your girlfriend, she was 250 miles away and not towards you either. Many thanks for the recovery vacation, but I doubt being that close to you would be a vacation. That testing job of yours would be just too much.
The collarbone appears to be healing faster than the rib. The amount of pain free arm movement has increased enough that I can now put socks and shoes on slowly but with no problem. The rib doesn't allow me to sleep or sit still for more than two hours at time. This being my second rib break, I know there is another week or so before the pain will reduce significantly.
Another thing Speedy - I did this injury because you and Jim Borer were getting all the attention and I felt left out. How much competition you'll get from me at Tulsa is an unknown. I'll ride to ride again, so that means on the conservative side, but I will be there to at least keep you in check and give Burchard his speeding ticket from last year. If you had a cow, it would solve your grass cutting and cup testing problem. Think of the options - right side one day left the next, then front, then back, then one of each either combination. If your ranch has goats, that will work too, providing you check the ram effect first.

Young Ted
Hello Youngster.I wanted sheeps for lawn cutting but then my Wife remembered the saying about Tere are real Canadian men and the sheeps are affraid of them,..so no sheeps for our ranch.See you at ZINK.Speedy---->>>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

Speedy

Young Ted
Hello Youngster.I wanted sheeps for lawn cutting but then my Wife remembered the saying about Tere are real Canadian men and the sheeps are affraid of them,..so no sheeps for our ranch.See you at ZINK.Speedy---->>>>>>>>:D

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

Speedy

Young Ted

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996