Black perforated cable ties

Started by Chakka, January 30, 2005, 04:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

Any idea where I can find replacments for the black plastic cable wrap/ties with the little rivet that are all over my Penton? Is this an item Al stocks?

Chris

Dennis D

Ok Kip, get busy... Dennis D (inside joke!)

Kip Kern

Dennis

I just heard from Bob and he said he was working on the plastic ties!  Gray only though, hope to get them soon;)

Dennis D

Now how in the world would you know that I was talking about those ties? Dennis D

Chakka

Grey is fine, who is going to be reproducing them? How can I get a few?

Kip Kern

I had them reproduced a few years back, my plastic guy moved and is getting resettled and will start making them again with the pins.  I also had the "Penton" chain blocks, Steel Tank air covers, 68/69 gaitors done.  Al carries some of the stuff the other will be coming again down the road.  Stay in touch with Al.

tofriedel

There are manufactures of cable ties that do produce the vented ties, more commonely referred to as "Ladder Type".  I currently have some that are natural (off white). These were manufactured by Avery Dennison and are available in both natural and black and are available in both 7" & 11" lengths,.140" in width, & .040" thick. Generally you have to be a distributor to order from the manufacturer.  Quanties required to order are 100 or 1000 per bag, but you may find them at HVAC or electronic outlets.  As a distributor representative I may be able to get them in minimum quantities.  I will have to check & advise quantity & price.

You can look at them at //http://www.fastener.averydennison.com/fastener/fastenersite.nsf/5688fbde61e3772f88256a3000710800/d402cd4b13b8704708256b020055c2ed?OpenDocument

Tony
Tony

tofriedel

Sorry Guys,

I gave you some wrong info.

I forgot about the button type of cable ties (not the Ladder Type).  If I recall correctly, BMW used the same button type back in the 60's & 70's.  They may be available from BMW.

Tony
Tony

slvrbrdfxr

Kip,
Please put me down for a pair of the 68 fork gators and a Penton chain guard block when you get them. Know I'll eventually need them for my 68. Thanks !! Now if I can just find that [8] narrow front fender bracket....
Dave McCullough

P.S. I've just about got that footpeg mount repair completed on the 68 frame. Think it's going to work real nice. Much thanks goes to one of my fellow TTR members who's a whiz on the lathe.